ESP NAMM 2014 Thread

• Thread starter Church2224
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Well shit, I guess the price wasn't as bad as I thought.

EDIT:

6-String ESP M-Seven Original Series Titan Metal Electric Guitar

wZJNV7G.png

HO
LE
SHIT

My dream 7-string, finally in the US.

It+s+so+beautiful+_e60c30bf4744be906ef270ced1c2933d.gif

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Oh crap didn't catch that.

And so glad they're not using Duncans on the 401 anymore. The PAF set seems like it would fit more.

Samark

Inactive. It’s been a pleasure.
Reaction score
Ken Susi 2014 ESP 7 string signature model with EverTune on sale now! Look out for an official announcement soon. From evertune's facebook

1533742_10151857501771451_1674816828_n.jpg

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
I know I am probably in the minority but that bridge looks freakin hideous on any guitar. Well maybe it would look more at home on the Gretsch Bo Diddley sig.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
If someone made a Cyberpunk-themed guitar, I can see it fitting.

Or if Evertune ever makes a rust-colored one, steampunk-themed.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
I know I am probably in the minority but that bridge looks freakin hideous on any guitar. Well maybe it would look more at home on the Gretsch Bo Diddley sig.

They are pretty ugly bridges, still interested in trying one though.

Stuck_in_a_dream

Reaction score
Ok, it's getting a little confusing here. As I thought I understood, E-II was to replace the ESP standard in 2014, is that still the case? And regardless of that, how do E-II guitars compare to the LTD-elites (MIJ as well, right?)?

Will the E-II be available in the US, or is it Japan only? What about the price, closer to LTD-elite or ESP standard?

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Ok, it's getting a little confusing here. As I thought I understood, E-II was to replace the ESP standard in 2014, is that still the case? And regardless of that, how do E-II guitars compare to the LTD-elites (MIJ as well, right?)?

Will the E-II be available in the US, or is it Japan only? What about the price, closer to LTD-elite or ESP standard?

The E-IIs replaced the Standard Series for 2014. I think ESP originally wanted the LTD Elite line to do that, but people bitched about the name. Take a look at the LTD Elites and the new E-IIs, some are the exact same with a different logo. They also appear about $100 more.
e-ii-eclipse-ec-1-fm-tsb-xlg.jpg

ltd-elite-eclipse-1-tbs-xlg.jpg

Stuck_in_a_dream

Reaction score
^ This is really confusing, so are LTD-elites going away too? I mean the models are identical, both MIJ, except one is $100 more expensive. IIRC the ESP standard series were much more expensive than that, right?

Stuck_in_a_dream

Reaction score
Well, my take on this (and I love ESP/LTD stuff & own an LTD sig) is that they brought on themselves a totally unnecessary, self-inflected, marketing problem. I hope all the confusion clears out this NAMM. So far, I do not see any 26.5-27" sevens for 2014, so label me not interested. Maybe later this yr I get a FR sixer, until then, I'll just watch.

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
I feel like the Susi is a punch in my eyes.
Don't like the colour choices most, white binding, chrome hardware with that colour of finish...looks somehow wrong to me :(

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Well, my take on this (and I love ESP/LTD stuff & own an LTD sig) is that they brought on themselves a totally unnecessary, self-inflected, marketing problem. I hope all the confusion clears out this NAMM. So far, I do not see any 26.5-27" sevens for 2014, so label me not interested. Maybe later this yr I get a FR sixer, until then, I'll just watch.

I think their real goal was to return to their roots as a custom shop, hence the new E-II naming. So a custom shop guitar or the really high end stuff (assuming that is what the USA line is) will be branded ESP as the main logo. I don't really care what they call it as long as they are good. They don't seem to be big on doing anything over 25.5 other than the Carpenter Sigs. A TE-7 is in my future though, even if it is only 25.5".

Latest posts

')