ESP NAMM 2014 Thread

• Thread starter Church2224
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see where they go with those pickups, given the varied tonal needs between Testament and the trio.

It'll most likely be based off the JB Bridge/59 Neck combo that he uses. Skolnick described it as a high output/tight bridge and a smoother neck.

I quite like his ESP sig actually. And that's considering I've actually held his Heritage touring guitars. :yum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
Thing is, I do not see many big name companies do this kind of thing, Gibson, Fender, Jackson, PRS, etc. They all have $500 level guitars that still bear the same brand name as their $5000 USA custom shop ones.

lolnope

The $500 PRSs are SEs, which are as much PRS as Squiers are Fender or LTDs are ESPs. Same company, different logo on the headstock. There's that new PRS series that's reasonably cheap (S2? C2? Something like that. I forget), but they're aren't quite $500 cheap.

You know what name ESP should've used for the ESP Standard series in the US? This may sound crazy, but I think they should've use...

...ESP Standard series :lol:.

I really don't get why they're doing all this rebranding. It's just confusing, and I actually follow this sort of thing. Average Joe Blow on the Go is going to be clueless. Unless...

Maybe this is all some New Coke-like ploy, and they're going to release stuff as E-IIs and LTD Elites for a few years while everone complains about it, only to switch everything back to just being called ESPs so everyone will be happy and they'll see a jump in sales. Yes... Yes, that can be the only explanation...

BusinessMan

Reaction score
While I love the eye candy of 2014 so far, The only new guitar this year that I'm truly interested in buying is the eII katana 7.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
1524633_10153687454685475_1674415576_n.jpg

Stuck_in_a_dream

Reaction score

Maybe this is all some New Coke-like ploy, and they're going to release stuff as E-IIs and LTD Elites for a few years while everone complains about it, only to switch everything back to just being called ESPs so everyone will be happy and they'll see a jump in sales. Yes... Yes, that can be the only explanation...

That's exactly what I thought. I would like to think that would be a rather cheap ploy, but at this day and age nothing is I guess.

Another take on this, assuming ESP's brand moving to the custom world is an authentic strategic decision, is that their USA custom web shop will be somewhat similar to Carvin's. It will not cost several body parts to get a custom guitar there, will have some flexible (but somehow limited) customization options, and will be delivered much sooner than 2 yrs. of wait time. If that's the case, I'm game, it'd be awesome!

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
That's exactly what I thought. I would like to think that would be a rather cheap ploy, but at this day and age nothing is I guess.

Another take on this, assuming ESP's brand moving to the custom world is an authentic strategic decision, is that their USA custom web shop will be somewhat similar to Carvin's. It will not cost several body parts to get a custom guitar there, will have some flexible (but somehow limited) customization options, and will be delivered much sooner than 2 yrs. of wait time. If that's the case, I'm game, it'd be awesome!

That would be awesome, but I am guessing the USAs are not going to be cheaper than the E-IIs.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score

This not at all how its going to work. Let me illuminate things for you guys once and for all :) Here how is how the 4 high end ESP lines price out:

LTD Elite: MIJ, price range between $1000-1400

ESP E-II/Standard: MIJ, price range between $1700-2500 typically

ESP USA: USA made, price range between $2999-3899, limited production

ESP Original Series: Tokyo Custom Shop built, price range between $3699-4999, extremely limited production. Will include a large number of models that have not been made available in the USA before.

So as you can see the ESP USA models are not like Carvins. More so like a PRS, Suhr, Jackson, etc. They will be more expensive than a Carvin, but are looking to be superb. For those on a Carvin style budget, you may have to stick with the E-II or LTD elite.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
That would be interesting because there appears to be no difference between some of the Elites and E-IIs.

I'll be honest I dont know about the LTD Elites, that was just an assumption. The E-II, USA, and OS stuff I can confirm however.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
So, can you tell us anything about any other new LTD sigs for this year? Any others besides the Ken Susi 7, Ben Weinmann, Alex Skolnick, and the white Iron Cross? Don't have to be specific, just tell us if there are.

Or maybe tell us how the LTD lineup look compared to last year's showing.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
So, can you tell us anything about any other new LTD sigs for this year? Any others besides the Ken Susi 7, Ben Weinmann, Alex Skolnick, and the white Iron Cross? Don't have to be specific, just tell us if there are.

Or maybe tell us how the LTD lineup look compared to last year's showing.

I cant really comment on specifics about new models just yet, I only mentioned the generalities of the USA and Original series stuff because it had been leaked already :)

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
i heard from my dealer they got the cut(ltd elites)

Thats cool. Good idea. The LTD Elites were very very nice but it caused too much confusion, and MIJ models should never say LTD on them.

Latest posts

')