ESP NAMM 2014 Thread

• Thread starter Church2224
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Stuck_in_a_dream

Reaction score
This not at all how its going to work. Let me illuminate things for you guys once and for all :) Here how is how the 4 high end ESP lines price out:

LTD Elite: MIJ, price range between $1000-1400

ESP E-II/Standard: MIJ, price range between $1700-2500 typically

ESP USA: USA made, price range between $2999-3899, limited production

ESP Original Series: Tokyo Custom Shop built, price range between $3699-4999, extremely limited production. Will include a large number of models that have not been made available in the USA before.

So as you can see the ESP USA models are not like Carvins. More so like a PRS, Suhr, Jackson, etc. They will be more expensive than a Carvin, but are looking to be superb. For those on a Carvin style budget, you may have to stick with the E-II or LTD elite.

Thanks Nick for shedding light on the future of ESP lines, I guess a lot of mystery will hopefully disappear by Fri.

But as to the ESP brand going custom, is there a marketing reason for that? What is your take on such a decision? To me, and I am no expert, it seems weird that a company of ESP size will do this. I am assuming they are selling more ESP (original) guitars than Suhr, Tom Anderson, etc.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Oh my 27", Blackouts, and Hipshot.

ESP_EII_HRF_NT8B_BK.jpg

SandyRavage

Reaction score
I am sincerely hoping for one of the double cuts in gecko burst that has been on ikebe for sometime meow....hell anything in that color and I'm all in.

UV7BK4LIFE

Schecter A7 addict
Reaction score
I am sincerely hoping for one of the double cuts in gecko burst that has been on ikebe for sometime meow....hell anything in that color and I'm all in.

Isn't that the Ken Yokohama sig? Very nice (except the headstock). I can easily dream up an Eclipse sevenstring with this finish and a quilt top. Yum.

sukeroku_iguana.jpg

Noisy Humbucker

Only obsesses over guitars when not playing them.
Reaction score
I have only one real question for Zimbloth if and when he can answer it: Horizon III-7?

donray1527

djack of all trades
Reaction score
I feel like guitar companies in the ERG market are starting to really understand what we want, and what really sells. All the hipshots from esp and schecter for example.

5150time

Now with Vitamin R
Reaction score
I like that the Ken Susi 7 has passive sized EMGs and rings. Looks aside, at least it's easier to retrofit than 707 style housing, provided they drilled a bridge ground. I hope it's the start of a trend in ESP using passive sized actives. It's always been a barrier to me for buying some of their stuff.

Also excited for the USA lines. I've got a couple of the older ESP USA models and they're absolutely deadly. Any borrowing from that heritage would be absolutely wonderful.

Looking forward to Friday!

DanielC1996

Reaction score
I hope they put out a 7 of the Andy James sig like in this video it would be sick IMO

Stuck_in_a_dream

Reaction score
^ well, if only they could do something to that HUGE inlay. They can put it on the back of the headstock like they did w/ WhiteChappel sigs.

DanielC1996

Reaction score
Sorry about that I really hadn't looked at the headstock to see the Ltd logo there XD

')