ESP NAMM 2019 thread

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dirtool

Reaction score
For those interested in Burly, Fender Scale, Teardrop Stocked, 7 string Horizons.

E-HR7-FX-BM-BLACK-BURST.png

E-HR7-FX-BM-ASH-BLACK.png

E-HR7-FX-BM-AQUA-BURST.png
Btw, are those pickup routs a little too big and rough?I'm worry about wobbly pickups.

dirtool

Reaction score
As someone who nearly ruined a guitar trying to install an EMG 7H set, about time someone fixes that problem. :lol:
Yea,swapping pickups with metal cover would solve the problem, but the stock nazgul set are innocent. :(

Ikke

A Dream Cartographer
Reaction score
Btw, are those pickup routs a little too big and rough?I'm worry about wobbly pickups.

No, I don't think so. It's just big enough so that you can fit covers if you so desire. My horizon custom has the same style and it's not wobbly at all. If fact they don't move at all. The sugizo custom does too.

60520B.jpg

Mathemagician

Reaction score
Several lines have been moving there over time. I wouldn’t be surprised to see mostly $1k+ come out of WMI in the near future. Looks like the Indonesian plants have gotten their QC up enough that a lot of brands are shifting there as WMI’s capacity is reached.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I just saw this 1000 series Eclipse on Thomann and it says it's MII. https://images.static-thomann.de/pics/bdb/431670/13550856_800.jpg

Does anyone else know anything about the 1000 series being shifted to Indonesia?

The LTD Deluxe line (1000 series) has been shifting to Indonesia for nearly the last 6 to 8 months.

Any MIK is likely new old stock.

Several lines have been moving there over time. I wouldn’t be surprised to see mostly $1k+ come out of WMI in the near future. Looks like the Indonesian plants have gotten their QC up enough that a lot of brands are shifting there as WMI’s capacity is reached.

It has nothing to do with quality, it's about WMI shifting thier business model to meet the South Korean economy.

They have to pay better wages and provide better benefits to retain staff now, which means that they need to make more per unit, which means that they're focusing on products with higher margins, such as OEM direct (no retailers) for smaller brands and boutique builders' import lines.

Two Panthers

B8 Bomber
Reaction score
Let me tell you guys, a lot of ibanez universe and 7620 had the effect on some of the more fluent guitarists or technically able, but remember when you grabbed the universe and was like , “where’s the 7th string? I see it, but the neck doesnt feel much different at all??” Type of deal if you will

With the carpenter, it feels like the universe of 8 strings and I NEVER felt that way about the, not even the 2228, arguably the ONE, the ibanez flagship that started it all, and everyone followed Copied and loved.

But i mean those are amazing 2228 for the money, back when they launched they were 2k, only 1.5kl ess than a ESP custom..... but let me tell you

With the right setup, right strings, right pickups, right rig, and right guitar , you can actually have a tone that is on par the M8M

most people would say no way, but i really beleive it

ITs like i have to remember not to use the 8th string when i transition to 7 string parts.....

It’s a really amazing neck, super thin U esp style, you know their custom shop by now, and i forgot the model the B8 is based on but anyway, its truly a piece....its thin and light , the only weight coming from the Fluence pickups

I love the details: the usb charger, the all around bindingof neck and stock, the curves of the ESP body style which help with the cutaways, and then to know they have the carbon graphite in the neck makes me feel more comfortable about setups

Anyone else see these around or have one? Particularly looking for the 2016 edition

THX

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Just wanted to give a heads-up that I came across this rare Kamikaze in great condition today:
https://www.mercari.com/jp/items/m2...BLSlzCv-8SCzQY_R40b3veh8-arSvywZMK958IZp6em7U
From time-to-time I see the usual brown/black one, but the blue/silver almost never comes up.

Of course, it's a pretty awful time to try to get guitars out of Japan (to the US especially).

ishibashi seems to be saying they will export only to the UK right now. Not sure if anyone can successfully export anywhere else or if it's just Ishibashi having the trouble.

I want that darn Asuka Telecaster and probably can't get it out of Japan.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
ishibashi seems to be saying they will export only to the UK right now. Not sure if anyone can successfully export anywhere else or if it's just Ishibashi having the trouble.

I want that darn Asuka Telecaster and probably can't get it out of Japan.

Then they probably rely on EMS by default, which is backlogged for months for US shipments. UPS/Fedex/DHL seem to still operating on regular timetables JP->US but have jacked their pricing 3-4x. I have a guy interested in one of my guitars, and I'm currently trying to sort out if there's any way to ship it out to him without paying $900, so can let you know if I figure it out.

lol, I got a phone notification of the Asuka tele today. And I already got yelled at last night by my gf for touching like 8 different cans of UCC coffee to find one with Rei on it...I'm really getting hit with this eva marketing.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Then they probably rely on EMS by default, which is backlogged for months for US shipments. UPS/Fedex/DHL seem to still operating on regular timetables JP->US but have jacked their pricing 3-4x. I have a guy interested in one of my guitars, and I'm currently trying to sort out if there's any way to ship it out to him without paying $900, so can let you know if I figure it out.

lol, I got a phone notification of the Asuka tele today. And I already got yelled at last night by my gf for touching like 8 different cans of UCC coffee to find one with Rei on it...I'm really getting hit with this eva marketing.

yeah that marketing... A 6-string has basically negative value to me as it takes up space that could be used for an 8-string. But... Asuka!!!

jwoods986

Reaction score
')