ESP NAMM 2020 thread

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sunnyd88

Reaction score
Sorry chum, nope this version is best version IMO.
damn right, cock stock with binding and ESP block logo (especially with a MOP logo) is best cock stock
EHDkirNUUAIzoXk.jpg

sunnyd88

Reaction score
I still don't see how you guys see a cock in the tear drop headstock. The George Lynch reverse banana is the ultimate cockstock without going full on wangcaster.
Hahaha I don't quite see the cock either but it's fun to refer to it as the cock stock. Maybe it looks like an elongated tip of the dick. You're definitely right tho the reverse banana headstock is actually a cock stock. Guys do love cocks. Love to draw em and love them on their guitars apparently.

Louis Cypher

Reaction score
Andertons Walkthru - lots of details about a lot of the new guitars

And GAK walkthru

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
I still don't see how you guys see a cock in the tear drop headstock. The George Lynch reverse banana is the ultimate cockstock without going full on wangcaster.
I'm guessing they see an uncircumcised tip. Weirdo's.

Crash Dandicoot

» B E H O L D
Reaction score
damn right, cock stock with binding and ESP block logo (especially with a MOP logo) is best cock stock

Untitled1.jpg

See, to me the block logo gets so close to the tuning peg mounting hardware and truss rod cover that it almost looks like they're touching or overlapping. Coupled with the unused real estate at the end of the headstock it looks barren in comparison to the cramped block logo placement area - the bottom 2/3rds look incredibly busy in contrast. Conversely, with the script at the tip of the headstock and the Horizon font where the block logo typically is the general spacing flows better. Also, the current Horizon cursive is beautiful - it helps separate it from a 'generic' ESP to something a bit more sophisticated.

IDK, man. The modern version seems more well thought out to me.

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
That thing is killer!

I’m itching to assemble a shred tele partscaster using one of them old ESP necks you find every once in a while.

It's not a partscaster, it's an 80s custom shop.

But the neck is to die for (at least IMHO). I'm not a specs person, so I can't really describe it, but it has smaller frets like an older Strat and a little bit more curve on the fretboard than something like an Ibanez or a newer LTD/Edwards, but not really curved like a Strat and the back of the neck feels round like a Gibson, instead of how most super strats feel like they have that flat spot in the middle of them, and it has some meat to it, but it's not like Schecter thick.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
This wouldn't right with the script.

View attachment 76912

But the neck is to die for (at least IMHO). I'm not a specs person, so I can't really describe it, but it has smaller frets like an older Strat and a little bit more curve on the fretboard than something like an Ibanez or a newer LTD/Edwards, but not really curved like a Strat and the back of the neck feels round like a Gibson, instead of how most super strats feel like they have that flat spot in the middle of them, and it has some meat to it, but it's not like Schecter thick.

That thing is killer!

I’m itching to assemble a shred tele partscaster using one of them old ESP necks you find every once in a while.

- That looks really similar to my Series 10 I had in 1990. Apparently they were originally an Alvarez sub-brand, made by Samick, then by Cort, and later by Bentley.
- They seem to be an Esp Headstock rip off, or maybe it's the other way around since Series 10 has been around also since the 1970's. I think I had the Bentely model according to what the block logo and headstock looked like. - It was a really nice guitar, built well and it played like butter. The neck was basically how you're describing your ESP above. Easiest guitar to play I ever had, even moreso than my Strat before and Ibanez afterwards, but the hardware sucked I remember. I don't know about the pickups as I never thought about them back then. Back when everything sounded good to me! I didn't have any issues getting anything like pinch harmonics to come out.
- If you can find them you can get them for like $200 and they came in all sorts of wild colors and crackles and stuff. Apparently they not only had the ESP headstocks, but also Jackson hockey stick shapes as well. They came in 22 and 24 fret models. I had a 24 fret. That and the humbucker is why I bought it and upgraded from a generic Seabring Strat.

- Just thought you guys would be interested since it's pretty close looking to these, made in Korea (at least some of them) and you could build one up pretty cheap. Here's a link to some info I found, and picture of my old Series-10 next to my buddys generic Plywood Les Paul. Yes, we had already been smoking for a couple years when we were 12. It was the end of the 80's when we started : ) To bad I didn't get the headstocks in the picture though.
Some info I found on them.
http://jedistar.com/series-10-by-bentley/

series 10.jpg

Reaction score

I wasn’t insinuating it was a partscaster, if anything I thought it was a more recent ESP JERK Custom (do they even offer those anymore?) that is one clean 80’s custom! I was just adding that I was itching to put one together, what with all the necks you see every once in a while.

Back to NAMM, DC&GL said the ‘87 Eclipses come out in March. Totally gonna snag one!

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
I think the ESP headstock/12th fret thing is on a quarterly loop. GJ whoever you are, is this a python script or something?

')