ESP NAMM 2020 thread

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
There you go ;)

like i said please ignore my german commentary. i made this vid for a friend of mine who couldnt go to NAMM.

Thanks! Those are incredible. I really like that outer space paint on that V.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Reaction score
Love the new Black Metal additions and the Mirage Deluxe ‘87 may be in my future when they start coming up used...but damn them for not releasing this one:

Still waiting on the higher end models ;)

Also, thanks for reminding how much I adored this song and album. That guitar is somethin special

BlueTrident

Reaction score
The new 8 strings that Steg uses are mental. They need to launch an E-II signature line because the only way you can get a better version of the SC-608 is to get a CS B8.

Also the new Nergal signature totally works for me now after seeing Behemoth with Slipknot recently.

sunnyd88

Reaction score
Yea, the guys going around at NAMM and taking them all are dealers, and the dealer markup for ESPs is crazy. I don't know what it's like on exhibition models, but if I had to extrapolate, they're probably paying about $5k for those $12-15k models.

But I'm just talking about here in the ESP shops. I've seen like 8 or so exhibitions, come in the next week, 3 are gone. Ask what happened, find out one dude from China just came in and grabbed them all.

Guitars that are that extravagant defy conventional commercial wisdom. I might think to myself, who wants a macbook studded with swarovski crystal? No one. No one has $100k or something to spend on something so stupid....and yet if I go searching...
Damn so then what does it actually cost for ESP to make an Original Series or Custom Shop guitar? How much does a dealer pay? I kinda already thought that markups were pretty crazy but I had no idea they were that crazy. Are the luthiers being paid in peanuts? Then again, I shouldn't be surprised. ESP went corporate a long long time ago.

thejohnnewton

Reaction score
"Then again, I shouldn't be surprised. ESP went corporate a long long time ago."

It's always been a for profit business just like every other guitar maker. Dealers are free to set their own prices.

thejohnnewton

Reaction score
It's an exhibition piece. Over the top build with an over the top price.

This isn't something meant to sell. It's to be photographed and shown off like an art piece.

The dealer who got it is The Axe Palace. I assure you he got it to sell it. He's in business not collecting. Now if the eventual buyer plays it or just displays it is a different question. Also have you confirmed the price with the dealer? If you're actually seriously interested contact them and discuss what they can do on price.

Last edited:

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The dealer who got it is The Axe Palace. I assure you he got it to sell it. He's in business not collecting. Now if the eventual buyer plays it or just displays it is a different question. Also have you confirmed the price with the dealer? If you're actually seriously interested contact them and discuss what they can do on price.

What I mean is, these are built sort of like halo cars. They're more about showing off what the Custom Shop can do, then simply selling.

Folks are going to post pictures and talk about these guitars for years, regardless of who buys it and when.

thejohnnewton

Reaction score
What I mean is, these are built sort of like halo cars. They're more about showing off what the Custom Shop can do, then simply selling.

Folks are going to post pictures and talk about these guitars for years, regardless of who buys it and when.

Absolutely.

BlueTrident

Reaction score
It's not just you. No change to the E-II line at the moment.

I read on the ESP instagram that the reason why there are no E-II releases so far is because they have a humongous backlog of orders they have to fill from last year. That same post said that they would release the new E-II models in July or sometime around then depending on when they are up to date with their back orders.

thejohnnewton

Reaction score
I read on the ESP instagram that the reason why there are no E-II releases so far is because they have a humongous backlog of orders they have to fill from last year. That same post said that they would release the new E-II models in July or sometime around then depending on when they are up to date with their back orders.

Yeah that came from Jeff Moore the US VP so probably reasonably reliable.

yiti

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
0115134418_5e1e98a2bcdee.jpg
just saw this E-II M-II Seven (Black with Red Binding) on the Big Boss JP E-II Page. https://bigboss.jp/store/products/detail/10797

Adieu

Reaction score
Yea, the guys going around at NAMM and taking them all are dealers, and the dealer markup for ESPs is crazy. I don't know what it's like on exhibition models, but if I had to extrapolate, they're probably paying about $5k for those $12-15k models.

But I'm just talking about here in the ESP shops. I've seen like 8 or so exhibitions, come in the next week, 3 are gone. Ask what happened, find out one dude from China just came in and grabbed them all.

Guitars that are that extravagant defy conventional commercial wisdom. I might think to myself, who wants a macbook studded with swarovski crystal? No one. No one has $100k or something to spend on something so stupid....and yet if I go searching...

MacBook Swarovski? Lol

That's nothing. Try a whole entire base model 4 cylinder Mercedes C180 complete w/ fake AMG badges (AND the original lowend badging still there, too).... used to see one of those lurking by the 24h supermarket near my house a decade ago

Yep FULLY encrusted with the sparkly crystals. Nope not a sparkly wrap, actual stickon crystals, 100% coverage

Dudley

Reaction score
0115134418_5e1e98a2bcdee.jpg
just saw this E-II M-II Seven (Black with Red Binding) on the Big Boss JP E-II Page. https://bigboss.jp/store/products/detail/10797

Saw this in Tokyo a few months back on holiday along with a couple of other E-II's that aren't in the lineup at the moment. Scratching my head trying to remember what else there was, might have to ask the missus if she can recall!

rowsi

Reaction score
Now, this is a bummer. At thomann the LTD M Black Metal WITH floyd is 739€ atm. However, the new LTD M Black Metal WITHOUT floyd is listed for 1099€. I find this, please excuse the expression, absolutely outrageous: The guitar has the exactly same specs, is (most likely) made at the same factory and only differs in one point: A hardtail bridge instead of a floyd. This is less routing work to be done and the Hipshot bridge is surely less expensive than the floyd.

The 739€ for the floyded guitar is nice, but 1099€ for the hardtail is just stupid. Sorry, had to vent a tad. Realy liked the hardtail version, but not for this money.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Now, this is a bummer. At thomann the LTD M Black Metal WITH floyd is 739€ atm. However, the new LTD M Black Metal WITHOUT floyd is listed for 1099€. I find this, please excuse the expression, absolutely outrageous: The guitar has the exactly same specs, is (most likely) made at the same factory and only differs in one point: A hardtail bridge instead of a floyd. This is less routing work to be done and the Hipshot bridge is surely less expensive than the floyd.

The 739€ for the floyded guitar is nice, but 1099€ for the hardtail is just stupid. Sorry, had to vent a tad. Realy liked the hardtail version, but not for this money.

The MSRPs are the same, it's likely an inventory control measure (sale) to move the previous year's inventory.

Here, the difference is about $50 between the two, so there has to be something up with the Thomann price.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score

Thomann does this with a lot of shit. Their prices fluctuate like the stock market. They have guitars of the exact same models that cost 50 euros more for the white version over the black version.

')