ESP NAMM 2020 thread

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Musiscience

Reaction score
These are my favorite Exhibitions this year. The Indigo Snapper is the inverse of my Horizon. Very neat.

EX20-28_f.png

EX20-01_f.png

EX20-02_f.png
The Snapper is the star of the ESP booth IMO. Also your Horizon is probably the most beautiful ever made. I was looking for a picture of it to link in another thread last week and couldn't find it anymore for some reason.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ikke

A Dream Cartographer
Reaction score

bassplayer8

Reaction score
EX20-15_main-375x1024.png

This reverse kiesel bevel (bevels revealing flame maple underneath) makes me feel very uncomfortable for some reason. It just seems wrong.

sunnyd88

Reaction score

This reverse kiesel bevel (bevels revealing flame maple underneath) makes me feel very uncomfortable for some reason. It just seems wrong.
It's a sad waste of beautiful wood :( like who is gonna buy this for $15K, who even plays nine strings. It's just gonna sit in a dealer's stock for years and years and years until it inevitably sells for $3k

sunnyd88

Reaction score

Seriously, this Horizon would be freaking smoking hot if it were a six string.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
I don't understand why it's $15k. I'm guessing a highly skilled luthiers name is attached?

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't understand why it's $15k. I'm guessing a highly skilled luthiers name is attached?

It's an exhibition piece. Over the top build with an over the top price.

This isn't something meant to sell. It's to be photographed and shown off like an art piece.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
It's a sad waste of beautiful wood :( like who is gonna buy this for $15K, who even plays nine strings. It's just gonna sit in a dealer's stock for years and years and years until it inevitably sells for $3k

You don't understand the market for these. Random guys come into exhibition shops and grab multiple $10k instruments up at once. Sure, some will sit, but there's no rhyme or reason to what sells and for what. They certainly don't ever discount these significantly, and most will be gone within the year.

yiti

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
You don't understand the market for these. Random guys come into exhibition shops and grab multiple $10k instruments up at once. Sure, some will sit, but there's no rhyme or reason to what sells and for what. They certainly don't ever discount these significantly, and most will be gone within the year.

That is true. I was actually at the ESP booth near the start of Namm this year, and there was a guy who already there putting in his name to buy a large number of the exhibition models they had. 'I'll take this one, that one, that one, that one...' There was another guy with a clipboard keeping track. This is within the first 15 minutes of Namm on the first day it was open to the public. It could have been a dealer, but those guitars get snapped up quick that is for sure.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Yea, the guys going around at NAMM and taking them all are dealers, and the dealer markup for ESPs is crazy. I don't know what it's like on exhibition models, but if I had to extrapolate, they're probably paying about $5k for those $12-15k models.

But I'm just talking about here in the ESP shops. I've seen like 8 or so exhibitions, come in the next week, 3 are gone. Ask what happened, find out one dude from China just came in and grabbed them all.

Guitars that are that extravagant defy conventional commercial wisdom. I might think to myself, who wants a macbook studded with swarovski crystal? No one. No one has $100k or something to spend on something so stupid....and yet if I go searching...

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
Yea, the guys going around at NAMM and taking them all are dealers, and the dealer markup for ESPs is crazy. I don't know what it's like on exhibition models, but if I had to extrapolate, they're probably paying about $5k for those $12-15k models.

But I'm just talking about here in the ESP shops. I've seen like 8 or so exhibitions, come in the next week, 3 are gone. Ask what happened, find out one dude from China just came in and grabbed them all.

Guitars that are that extravagant defy conventional commercial wisdom. I might think to myself, who wants a macbook studded with swarovski crystal? No one. No one has $100k or something to spend on something so stupid....and yet if I go searching...
Hey if Damien Hirst can sell a skull crusted in diamonds for millions of dollars to some chump then 15k for a guitar is nothing :lol:

RBadel

Reaction score
I was at NAMM2020 and just wanted to see what ESP has at their booth. Man they went totally nuts this year! there are so many crazy guitars in there! i made short booth run through video. if you guys want i can upload this vid here. (if you dont mind my german commentary :D)

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
I was at NAMM2020 and just wanted to see what ESP has at their booth. Man they went totally nuts this year! there are so many crazy guitars in there! i made short booth run through video. if you guys want i can upload this vid here. (if you dont mind my german commentary :D)
Yes! I'd like to see ESP's

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score

Dang, I didn’t realize the markup was that high. Now I wanna become a dealer just so I can buy more guitars.

')