ESP NAMM 2020 thread

• Thread starter HeHasTheJazzHands
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rowsi

Reaction score
The MSRPs are the same, it's likely an inventory control measure (sale) to move the previous year's inventory.

I'm pretty sure the floyded version was at this price, or at least a similar price, for the whole year.

Edit: Yes, a price researching engine, which also logs prices, says that the floyded version was pretty much the same price all of 2019: https://www.idealo.de/preisvergleich/OffersOfProduct/6308434_-m-black-metal-ltd-guitars.html
Makes the thomann price for the hardtail version even more stupid.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the floyded version was at this price, or at least a similar price, for the whole year.

Edit: Yes, a price researching engine, which also logs prices, says that the floyded version was pretty much the same price all of 2019: https://www.idealo.de/preisvergleich/OffersOfProduct/6308434_-m-black-metal-ltd-guitars.html
Makes the thomann price for the hardtail version even more stupid.

Weird.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/LMHTBKMBLKS--esp-ltd-m-ht-black-metal-black-satin

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/LMBKMBLKS--esp-ltd-m-black-metal-black-satin

Zhysick

Reaction score
>inb4 ESP logo 12th fret :guns:
What????

xlarge.

PS: I don't like the burl, is just the first M1000 on the webpage...

Mathemagician

Reaction score
Oh I wasn’t really complaining. I think it’s looks very sleek and modern with the small dots. I’ve just been on an 80’s Jackson/ESP kick lately.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
I’m seriously debating the black metal 7. I just really want a neck pickup. Otherwise specs/price is very attractive.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
I’m seriously debating the black metal 7. I just really want a neck pickup. Otherwise specs/price is very attractive.

It’s glorious, now I want another BM 6. The 6 string version is very appealing based on how much I like the 7, but I got a FR itch that needs scratching at the moment.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
Jesus! I was interested in this baritone black metal M7 until I saw the price. 1200 euros at Thomann! I will probably just go with the RGIXL7 for 900 :(

These Indo guitars are getting expensive as fucking fuck but still come with no case just makes it feel even more of a rip-off.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
How about the Alex Wade model? Has a neck pickup and is also all black.

Yoooo the specs on that are a LOT better than I had anticipated. I’d love it in almost any color but black, but otherwise it’s very very attractive. Anyone played one? I tried his prior model in a store and found the neck a bit thicker than I expected. But it was only once and could just have been me fighting a bad setup. Still though, 27”, SS frets, D’activator pickups.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Yoooo the specs on that are a LOT better than I had anticipated. I’d love it in almost any color but black, but otherwise it’s very very attractive. Anyone played one? I tried his prior model in a store and found the neck a bit thicker than I expected. But it was only once and could just have been me fighting a bad setup. Still though, 27”, SS frets, D’activator pickups.

That’s initially what I wanted over the BM 7. I haven’t seen any hit the streets yet, not even an estimated date for them.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
MII or MIK?

LTD's now (1000 series and some other models) can be either Indo or Korean, sometimes even the exact same model can be made in both locations!

The stock photos they have for each (I think these are photos of previous guitars they had in stock) says the HT is Korea and the Floyd is Indonesia. This may explain the nearly identical prices (only $50 more for the Floyd version). The HT costs more in terms of labor than the Floyd because Korean labor is more expensive than Indonesia--generally speaking.

')