ESP Owners Club-Show Us Your ESPs!

• Thread starter Church2224
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mbardu

Reaction score
After previously owning a M-400 and an EC-1000, I'm back in the club:

20210821-153356.jpg

Even though this is a factory 2nd, the fit and finish is great and the Evertune came setup to be pitch-consistent in standard. I need to mess around with the springs to get to the sweet spot but it's very playable as is.

Tips for straps, though? I can't get this thing to balance properly when standing - really need to get the neck upright but I think the strap location (back of the upper horn) is simply inadequate to achieve that.

Aaaah, the curse of the Viper...

Some people put a counterweight at the bottom strap pin. I wouldn't do it personally, because it's a bit counterproductive to the usually nice weight on those. But if you don't mind, then that can help, and will be less invasive than drilling a new strap button location entirely.
Heavy wide strap cannot hurt either, but may not fix it entirely.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crash Dandicoot

» B E H O L D
Reaction score
@soul_lip_mike I'm amazed that's not an available option when you order from ESP USA. I understand they aren't a custom shop but having a few color variants of the exceedingly few pickup options they have wouldn't be the end of the world, would it?

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
@soul_lip_mike I'm amazed that's not an available option when you order from ESP USA. I understand they aren't a custom shop but having a few color variants of the exceedingly few pickup options they have wouldn't be the end of the world, would it?

Yea it's weird. I guess it's just a lot of different options for them to stock. If you go to the EMG site you can get that 7XH pickup in NINE different finishes. Probably easier to just stock a butt load of black.

Crash Dandicoot

» B E H O L D
Reaction score
That's fair, but to match the hardware color options they already provide that would only mean 2 more - chrome and gold. Seems reasonable?

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
New Alexi sigs announcing Friday.

...God damn ESP is like, in my fucking blood now, as I was looking at Vs just the other day and wondering if something new might be coming soon. Then lo and behold I read this, and feel my wallet clinching.

edit: shit, I'm wondering if they'll do his purple/white pinstripe model as a tribute model? It was the last signature he had made along with his purple/black pinstripe that was an H/S model

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
After previously owning a M-400 and an EC-1000, I'm back in the club:

20210821-153356.jpg

Even though this is a factory 2nd, the fit and finish is great and the Evertune came setup to be pitch-consistent in standard. I need to mess around with the springs to get to the sweet spot but it's very playable as is.

Tips for straps, though? I can't get this thing to balance properly when standing - really need to get the neck upright but I think the strap location (back of the upper horn) is simply inadequate to achieve that.

Dude after owning many Vipers and settling on a matte black from 2011, just carefully drill into the top horn. You won’t believe the difference it makes. If that guitar is a keeper then just DO EET.

It’ll make a world of difference, and even if it doesn’t dude that buys it from you will appreciate your wisdom.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
Dude after owning many Vipers and settling on a matte black from 2011, just carefully drill into the top horn. You won’t believe the difference it makes. If that guitar is a keeper then just DO EET.

It’ll make a world of difference, and even if it doesn’t dude that buys it from you will appreciate your wisdom.
This solves all Viper dive problems and feels better. Not only do I agree with it, but so does ESP. I'm not sure why they don't do it more often.
VIPER-setneck-BK-1200x440.png

Flappydoodle

Reaction score
...God damn ESP is like, in my fucking blood now, as I was looking at Vs just the other day and wondering if something new might be coming soon. Then lo and behold I read this, and feel my wallet clinching.

edit: shit, I'm wondering if they'll do his purple/white pinstripe model as a tribute model? It was the last signature he had made along with his purple/black pinstripe that was an H/S model

Wow you were really accurate

https://www.espguitars.com/pages/alexi-2021-models

Flappydoodle

Reaction score
Has anybody ever played the Bill Kelliher Eclipse (ESP, signature series version)?

I don't know him, and don't like Mastadon. But the specs are really appealing. The satin finish and the neck joint look awesome. I also like not having the white fretboard binding.

All I can find on YouTube are reviews of the LTD with the Lace pickups

Wucan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

I might just do that. My Mustangs also have neck diving issues but the strap's located in the top horn and I've always been able to adjust standing up.

A local store is going to be putting up a CS Gibson SG for sale so that'll be my litmus test to see whether the LTD's a keeper.

Accoun

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
If you're talking purely neck dive issues, I think the advantage of Gibson would be the Keystone tuner buttons. I put some cheapo plastic buttons on my Epi SG and that cured probably most of the neck dive. Looking to maybe fully change them to Gotoh Kluson-likes in the future, might help even more.

')