ESP Owners Club-Show Us Your ESPs!

• Thread starter Church2224
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crash Dandicoot

» B E H O L D
Reaction score
@narad The HSS does seem to evoke a distinctive aesthetic when coupled with color-appropriate EMGs. With your current track record I'm sure a comparable Horizon will come about eventually and it'll come together. If you end up with a shorter scale version we can make extremely niche jokes, too!

twins.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
@narad The HSS does seem to evoke a distinctive aesthetic when coupled with color-appropriate EMGs. With your current track record I'm sure a comparable Horizon will come about eventually and it'll come together. If you end up with a shorter scale version we can make extremely niche jokes, too!

View attachment 110617

Maybe I'll go baritone for that one.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I think the remaining question is 27 fret with blade headstock, or 27 fret with reverse blade headstock?

Crash Dandicoot

» B E H O L D
Reaction score
@Ikke is correct (and alive! It's been a minute!)

Truly, if ESP can share Kirk with Gibson I'd be real okay with them talking to FMIC a little and discussing the whole "lawsuit" thing with the concord...

Ikke

A Dream Cartographer
Reaction score
@Ikke is correct (and alive! It's been a minute!)

Truly, if ESP can share Kirk with Gibson I'd be real okay with them talking to FMIC a little and discussing the whole "lawsuit" thing with the concord...
Indeed. I’ve been trying to spend more time in real life than on the internet.

Hope things are well with you and you all.

gunch

goof-ass
Reaction score
Some day I'd like to order a custom shop ESP but I feel like I wouldn't even know half the specs to ask for. I'd probably go for a custom horizon with a top /finish that was close to misha's daemoness bulb like this:

IMG_3625.jpg
Kind of an aside but like, Caribbean bursts are slightly more common thing now why is it so hard to get them to look this nice?

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Kind of an aside but like, Caribbean bursts are slightly more common thing now why is it so hard to get them to look this nice?

Because the color of the underlying maple has a huge impact on what a finish like that looks like and maple color varies a lot from piece to piece

gunch

goof-ass
Reaction score
Because the color of the underlying maple has a huge impact on what a finish like that looks like and maple color varies a lot from piece to piece
I figured as much. Could it be from filling the grain too? Do they bleach the wood for like, white finishes?

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I figured as much. Could it be from filling the grain too? Do they bleach the wood for like, white finishes?

Grain filler could have an impact. It wouldn't surprise me if they did some kind of a white wash before the blue on that specific guitar. Not sure about bleaching the wood.

Giest

Never a tune you can dance to.
Reaction score
Oxalic acid or clorox will bleach maple. It also has a bad habit of taking a lot of depth out of the figuring, though.

Dumple Stilzkin

Pointy star bastard.
Reaction score
I just got some Floyd upgrade parts for my MII, picked up a brass claw and screws. A 42" brass block, titanium string blocks. Stainless lock screws, as well as pad screws and saddle screws. Curious to see how it changes the tone, I just need to solder the brass claw to the ground and we're good.

Crash Dandicoot

» B E H O L D
Reaction score
Protip: Don't buy SS hardware for Floyds from guitar-related vendors. Go to McMaster-Carr or somewhere similar and order a bag of whatever fastener you need - locking nut screws, saddle screws, lock screws, etc. Much cheaper and more economical if you have multiple Floyd instruments.

Blytheryn

Musical Adam West
Reaction score
Protip: Don't buy SS hardware for Floyds from guitar-related vendors. Go to McMaster-Carr or somewhere similar and order a bag of whatever fastener you need - locking nut screws, saddle screws, lock screws, etc. Much cheaper and more economical if you have multiple Floyd instruments.
A friend of mine did this for some titanium screws and paid like 1/10th of what he would have normally.

')