ESP Owners Club-Show Us Your ESPs!

• Thread starter Church2224
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GuitarFactoryDylan

Reaction score
Horizon NT-II

IMG_6500.jpg

STEF-B8

STEFB8wm-4092.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CLT-ESP

Reaction score
Brand new member, but not brand new to the site. I love seeing all the cool toys you guys have on here!!!

Here's a decent chunk of my current ESP collection.

Attachments

• IMG_2866.jpg
    IMG_2866.jpg
    920.4 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_3358.jpg
    IMG_3358.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 122

CLT-ESP

Reaction score
Here are a couple of 1990 ESP Gene Harrison hand painted Graffiti's I recently picked up. A la Degarmo and Hammett per the research so far (Whip had the black version painted by Eddie Meeks) but if anyone has more definitive information, I'd love to hear. The first one is a bolt-on with the old "48th Street" ESP plate. The second is a NTB with a pretty neat story behind it that's out there on the internet where the PO discovered this guitar literally by chance wearing a shotty coat of red paint. Luckily the "coverup" job was horrible and came off with ease without any damage whatsoever to the original finish. Before anyone says it, I agree... The graffiti scheme is not for everyone.

I also added a picture of my Kamikaze IV "8 Tooth" with MOP Atari neck inlays, Kamikaze theme both front and back! Take a look at the solo section of the Dokken "Walk Away" video and pause it when you see GREEN. The inlays show up clearly as does the different profile/tooth shape of the headstock. The last picture is my GL-1 (pre-Kamikaze prototype...and happens to be #1 with build card) signed by all 4 original Dokken members after a show in the mid-90's when they reunited for a short period along with my ESP GL-20 (#20 of 20) and one of GL's previously owned/played Kamikaze II's. :shred:

Attachments

• IMG_3314.jpg
    IMG_3314.jpg
    727.7 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_2038.jpg
    IMG_2038.jpg
    743.9 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_2810.jpg
    IMG_2810.jpg
    661.9 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_3355.PNG
    IMG_3355.PNG
    340.9 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_3352.jpg
    IMG_3352.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 71

CLT-ESP

Reaction score
Steph Carpenter's late 80's ESP NTB used to record the first Deftones album exclusively and a good portion of the second. Neat interview on YouTube of him talking about how he regrettably threw this guitar out into the crowd in Columbus, OH. Funny because that moment is what ultimately led him to move to playing...... 7 strings!!!

Plays like a champ regardless of the volume post being bent and part of the binding missing by the headstock. I stays in the original "road worn" ESP case with the band's original management company's luggage tag and some cool case candy with picks and old Deftones ticket stubs. :hbang:

Attachments

• IMG_2329.PNG
    IMG_2329.PNG
    746.8 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_2332.PNG
    IMG_2332.PNG
    708.3 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_2333.jpg
    IMG_2333.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_2315.PNG
    IMG_2315.PNG
    747.1 KB · Views: 117

1b4n3z

Reaction score
My single-cuts. There are two M-II's to follow, once we got some proper light up here (April) :)

23223609969_f65bb741ca_b.jpg

V_man

Reaction score
If it works for Madonna then it works for everyone. In regard of these find, how can you get that guitar? I can not find it in the esp website.

576711507LL025_Madonna_Rebe.JPG

Version_6

Capa Banger
Reaction score
I have no idea how, but I managed to score the holy grail of ESP signature models.

Original MM270 'Zorlac', the later model with an OFR instead of the stupid Synclair trem. Now comes the agonizing wait for it to come from Japan.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
^ Wow! Looks like that guitar needs a loving owner, stoked for you to get it!

Spicypickles

Sweeps & Mops
Reaction score
Stupid synclair trem? I thought they were held in high regard......

Definitely nothing wrong with an OFR though!

Version_6

Capa Banger
Reaction score
Stupid synclair trem? I thought they were held in high regard......

Definitely nothing wrong with an OFR though!

They sound pretty dead. Also parts are non existent, swapping them out for another trem such as an OFR, Schaller or Gotoh is a ridiculous headache and because of the strange trapezoidal shape of the baseplate and the body routing, when you do install another trem it looks awful and out of place. That's why ESPs with Synclairs always go for less than the OFR equivalents.

Wow, a MM270. That´s pretty rare. Nice score. Can i ask- how much?

I hate the word rare but I certainly applies to this one. Price wise, all I'll say is that it's coming through my used gear business so I got it at a decent price. Once it lands it'll end up on the work bench and given a full once over.

Dekay82

I WANT the fret nibs
Reaction score
Steph Carpenter's late 80's ESP NTB used to record the first Deftones album exclusively and a good portion of the second. Neat interview on YouTube of him talking about how he regrettably threw this guitar out into the crowd in Columbus, OH. Funny because that moment is what ultimately led him to move to playing...... 7 strings!!!

Plays like a champ regardless of the volume post being bent and part of the binding missing by the headstock. I stays in the original "road worn" ESP case with the band's original management company's luggage tag and some cool case candy with picks and old Deftones ticket stubs. :hbang:

Man, I saw this on the bay literally like a WEEK after I bought my green stef 6 and almost had a heart attack. I remeber watching an interview w/Stef where he recalls the story of giving that guitar away.

Tis a grail above grails, I'm happy for you.

Thanatopsis

Reaction score
My LTD MH100QMNT w/Duncan Custom in the bridge. I don't know if I lucked out and got one with a great cut of wood or what but it's the best sounding guitar I've ever owned possibly tied with my 96 LP Studio(hard to say since that was stolen before I owned this). In addition to sound, it plays amazing too. Best $130 I've ever spent(plus $80 for the pickup). The picture doesn't do the quilt top justice either. Normally I'm not usually a quilt fan, much prefer flame tops but I love this one. Only thing I wish it had was a binding.

Attachments

• MH100QMNT.jpg
    MH100QMNT.jpg
    443.3 KB · Views: 27

Latest posts

')