ESP Owners Club-Show Us Your ESPs!

• Thread starter Church2224
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Flappydoodle

Reaction score
How do you guys rank the quality of current Eii, Original series and USA?

I have a couple Eii guitars and they're great. But it's a while since I played an original, and I've never played a USA.

Close to pulling the trigger on some new guitars, but don't have the chance to try out (thanks coronavirus)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mehegama

Reaction score

I have a couple Eii guitars and they're great. But it's a while since I played an original, and I've never played a USA.

Close to pulling the trigger on some new guitars, but don't have the chance to try out (thanks coronavirus)
I would say for these 3 it is probably E-II (the old standard series), USA (customizable guitars with amazing attention to the detail and beautiful finishes), Original (Japanese custom shop)

Flappydoodle

Reaction score
I would say for these 3 it is probably E-II (the old standard series), USA (customizable guitars with amazing attention to the detail and beautiful finishes), Original (Japanese custom shop)

So you rank Original higher than USA?

Interesting. USA has the model I prefer (M-I NTB) and also use stainless steel frets. But the price of a USA semi-custom and an Original are basically identical.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Yeah, absolutely check out the USA models. I’ve owned several Originals and I have a USA TE-II. Absolutely on par with them, the TE-II being my favorite high end ESP I’ve owned.

Flappydoodle

Reaction score
I'd say they're identical, USA vs. Original. At least as far as quality goes. If the USA line offers what you're looking for, I wouldn't hesitate to grab it.

Yeah, absolutely check out the USA models. I’ve owned several Originals and I have a USA TE-II. Absolutely on par with them, the TE-II being my favorite high end ESP I’ve owned.

Thanks both. Same price for both, but obviously the USA takes longer (6-9 months) whereas I could just buy an Original and have it in 2-3 days, haha.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
Thanks both. Same price for both, but obviously the USA takes longer (6-9 months) whereas I could just buy an Original and have it in 2-3 days, haha.
It depends on if the dealer actually has the one you want in stock. Original Series is something like stock builds from the custom shop. You are allowed to change some minor specs on them as well because they are usually made to order if it is not in stock.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Is there a relationship between ESP USA customs and Schecter US masterworks?

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is there a relationship between ESP USA customs and Schecter US masterworks?

Officially? I don't believe so.

But some of the staff have been in the industry for a long time, so it's possible that there's some overlap.

The shops are literally down the street from each other.

Ikke

A Dream Cartographer
Reaction score

What everyone else said, Original vs. USA is probably less of a quality difference and more of a design/spec difference.

I would image if you're looking at USA vs. Original, you're comparing the M-II, Eclipse, or Horizon-II?

Flappydoodle

Reaction score
What everyone else said, Original vs. USA is probably less of a quality difference and more of a design/spec difference.

I would image if you're looking at USA vs. Original, you're comparing the M-II, Eclipse, or Horizon-II?

If I go USA it will be M-I NTB. Riff machine.

Otherwise I’d go Original Horizon II NT.

Strongly leaning towards the USA but it’s more of an ‘unknown’ since I’ve never played or even seen one in person.

No particular ‘need’. Just want to buy something nice, haha

Ikke

A Dream Cartographer
Reaction score
Well from a birdseye view, the Horizon-II and Horizon NT-II are much the same. The main differences are SS (USA) vs NS (JP) frets and the neck heel. Body thickness, neck, etc. are all the same.

I'd probably go USA just because it'd be more customizable.

protest

Reaction score

ESP USA's have wider nut width's on the M's and Horizon's than the rest of ESP/LTD. Might not make a difference, but I can only play guitars with wide nut widths. Jacks up my hands otherwise.

Flappydoodle

Reaction score
ESP USA's have wider nut width's on the M's and Horizon's than the rest of ESP/LTD. Might not make a difference, but I can only play guitars with wide nut widths. Jacks up my hands otherwise.

Yes I did see the 43mm. But I am assuming I am not a good enough guitarist to notice 1mm difference haha

Ikke

A Dream Cartographer
Reaction score
General PSA

ESP now offers the Custom Lab Ultimate Series which is basically all of the custom hardware used on the Exhibition series.

https://espguitars.co.jp/parts/esp-custom-lab/esp-custom-lab-ultimate-series/

The Direction bridge goes really well
with a guitar with pickup rings

upload_2020-7-24_5-25-59.jpeg

upload_2020-7-24_5-29-16.jpeg

and Kusabi bridge looks really great. It’d be cool to see this on more production basses (but, I doubt it).

upload_2020-7-24_5-27-27.jpeg

upload_2020-7-24_5-28-6.jpeg

They look comfy. Pretty dope.

Last edited:

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
General PSA

ESP now offers the Custom Lab Ultimate Series which is basically all of the custom hardware used on the Exhibition series.

https://espguitars.co.jp/parts/esp-custom-lab/esp-custom-lab-ultimate-series/

The Direction bridge goes really well
with a guitar pickup rings

View attachment 83055
View attachment 83058

and Kusabi bridge looks really great. It’d be cool to see this on more production basses (but, I doubt it).

View attachment 83056
View attachment 83057

The look comfy. Pretty dope.

I love all of this but those are some outrageous prices.

')