ESP Owners Club-Show Us Your ESPs!

• Thread starter Church2224
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
If I had the money I'd have ESP make a custom Modifier ML shape for me. I love ESP but they don't have any models I vibe with as much..although I would LOVE to have an ESP holoflake Viper like Fallon Bowman and Mana's signature ESP. I wouldn't play them in public ever but it'd be nice to have just because.

images
52c30d6d50858f90e23d19d324dca1d5.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
Is anyone else insane about the offset Horizon that was an earlier EII leak and then never seen again?

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else insane about the offset Horizon that was an earlier EII leak and then never seen again?

It just so happens I found out through a post on ESP Guitar Fanatics group on facebook. In case you don't have an account, here is what the guy posted.

Hey guys, I've been in the group for a little while but haven't posted anything about my guitars yet, but here I am now!
A little bit about myself, I play in 2 metal bands in Taiwan,
Bloody Tyrant
and
Dharma
, and I'm endorsed by the kind folks at
ESP Guitars JP
So here are a few of my current guitars!
One of my guitars, the E-II BTL-G7, have popped up here before so I figured I'd provide a bit of background to that. Actually, even prior to me playing in those bands and being endorsed, I know the folks at ESP Japan quite well, because I run probably the biggest guitar community in Taiwan, so I know a lot of the local distributors, where they would ask me for help for local events and stuff, so I've hosted/interviewed ESP Japan when they came to Taiwan, and got to know them quite well eventually. Knowing that I have somewhat of an influence in Taiwan, they asked me what would I want to see from ESP, what don't they have on the market that others are doing, etc, so over a lengthy period of time, I kept on providing feedback to them and stuff, for this project that they are thinking of eventually becoming a production model.
And about 2 years after the conversation first took place, at around December 2017, they just sent me a photo (the 3rd one here) of the guitar and asked me what I think of it. I was completely shocked to see they actually made it.. because again, ESP and I have been talking about this project for over 2 years, and all of a sudden, it came true. Since I was only provided with a photo, so I could only provide limited feedback based on seeing the photo, but that was kinda it again.
Then I met the ESP Japan folks at NAMM 2018, and Makoto asked me whether I'd like to actually play that guitar or not... FUCK YEA! Then again, I haven't heard anything about that since... until May 2018 I sudden got a message from Makoto saying "your guitar is on the way and should be there within 2 weeks", and that was it... HOLY SHIT... so here it is, prototype #1 and probably the only one in existence.
Having actually played the guitar, I provided more feedback to how it could be improved, unfortunately the specs aren't really to my preferences but I'm still super honored that they actually made the guitar. I'm sure some of you are aware of what's going on with ESP in terms of the manufacturing side, so actually ESP doesn't even have time to continue with this project at the moment... and who knows if this will actually become a production model? But if it all goes as planned, this prototype #1 will not be the final version.
So that's the story behind the BTL-G7, and oh, being named the BTL, it's derived from the Bottom Line GT, you can see the resemblance, it's like an offset Bottom Line GT.
The specs are:
Alder body
Maple (3 piece) neck
Ebony fingerboard
25.5" scale
Set-through
Fishman Fluence Modern pickups
Floyd Rose Original
Again, I didn't have any say on the specs, if I get to choose I would get at least 27" and either Evertune bridge or at least a Hipshot fixed bridge.
And my other guitars include the Katana 7, which is the signature from my friend Jesse of THE BIGGEST Taiwanese metal band
CHTHONIC
, a HRF 8 string and a JH-2
1f609.png
I have other ESP/LTDs as well but nothing special I guess.

troyguitar

Reaction score
So I finished installing all of my little accessories on my new "main" guitar and I really like this thing, it's been almost 10 years since I really played a 6-string. Besides the obvious colored plastics, I added Dragonfire pickups (they're fine, nothing special) and OFR fine tuner bolts because the cheapie Specials were almost impossible to turn by hand. Also polished the frets, oiled the fretboard, and filed down one of the flat knife edges on the trem. The setup needs a bit of fine tuning still but the neck is really nice. I'm happy I went with this thing over a boring used gray/black superstrat for the same price.

e3bccff0f5298e5188badcf9cd3bafe6.jpg

Mathemagician

Reaction score
Do they still sell the cartoon colored perpetual burn pickups? That could be super cool if you like that sound. Love that you somehow made it louder.

1b4n3z

Reaction score
Badass! And I see Duncan Duality set in one of em. How are those pups for metal?

Thanks! I find them pretty bright and very articulate - in the note separation sense. Clean they are unbeatable as far as actives go (I have yet to try Fluences though). I had Loomis Blackouts there earlier and compared to them the Duality set is certainly more versatile and tame. Output-wise they seem to be up there with Duncan Custom, maybe a bit less hot. Black Winters in the custom M-II are much more hard hitting and grinding

mbardu

Reaction score
Is there another ESP thread besides this "show us your guitars" one? Thought so but can't put my finger on it now.

Anyway, if anyone is in the market for USA MIII, Sweetwater has a pretty sick one in stock at a decent price right now- but they now also have it tagged as one of their "call-in only savings". They sometimes use that when they are motivated to discount guitars even further down from MSRP. I've tried to call them a few times before (not on ESP though) and got offers anywhere between an extra 5 to almost 20% off depending on the item. So just a heads up.

US19002-angle-large.jpg.auto.webp

Not associated with Sweetwater or that brand, so that was more a PSA- please delete if that's not allowed.

Tuned

Reaction score
sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but -

has anyone pics of an E-II Elias Viljanen -7 without that* pickguard on?
The specs are so dangerously close to what I eventually want from a guitar. It is a very wrong time for me to buy now because of the economy, but I just got a credit so I might do a few very stupid and irresponsible things
https://www.espguitars.com/products/9350-ev-7

---
*English not being my native language, I'm torn between 'gawdy' and 'cheesy', and even that doesn't express the array of my thoughts when I look at it.
Granted the looks don't implement to playing the music, but oh well

Last edited:

Latest posts

')