ESP Owners Club-Show Us Your ESPs!

• Thread starter Church2224
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nobody

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I returned the guitar on Friday and zzounds said they’d ship the replacement that day. It’s now Tuesday and I haven’t even received a tracking number. It’s becoming beyond irritating at this point. I want to tell zzounds to shove it up their ass and keep it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dumple Stilzkin

Pointy star bastard.
Reaction score
I returned the guitar on Friday and zzounds said they’d ship the replacement that day. It’s now Tuesday and I haven’t even received a tracking number. It’s becoming beyond irritating at this point. I want to tell zzounds to shove it up their ass and keep it.
That’s because they really suck, I know you might not want to hear it. But buy from a dealer who actually gives a shit.

madrigal77

Reaction score
I want this thing so bad. I actually almost got it when I was in Tokyo in May. Unfortunately my flight was leaving in a few hours and I had already checked my bags, so it would have been too rushed and stressful. My wife said I could get it when we go in January for New Years, but then they massively increased the price and she says no 😭
0529152439_6656ca2765ea7.jpeg

https://bigboss.jp/store/products/detail/34766#item_detail

Nobody

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That’s because they really suck, I know you might not want to hear it. But buy from a dealer who actually gives a shit.
Finally got a hold of someone who actually gave me answers. I was told it definitely shouldn’t have taken this long and he’ll contact the warehouse and get it shipped. So I should have it tomorrow. He gave me my money back for the next day shipping and gave me a 25 dollar gift certificate. So let’s see what happens tomorrow…

Nobody

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Got the replacement in and the fretboard is chipped. You got to be kidding me. Also the action is low at the nut and high at the bridge.

Attachments

• IMG_5235.jpeg
    IMG_5235.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 25
Last edited:

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
Got the replacement in and the fretboard is chipped. You got to be kidding me. Also the action is low at the nut and high at the bridge.

Sounds like an LTD.

I'm sorry you're dealing with this, but honestly these are things within the tolerance of what LTD thinks is okay. They're honestly kind of crap on the whole.

Even my best LTD had small problems. The bad ones have been really bad.

Is this an Indonesian one?

nightsprinter

Contributor
Reaction score
Here's an example of LTDs stellar workmanship on one of my personal guitars. they are what they are.

20240731_135038.jpg

Nobody

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Sounds like an LTD.

I'm sorry you're dealing with this, but honestly these are things within the tolerance of what LTD thinks is okay. They're honestly kind of crap on the whole.

Even my best LTD had small problems. The bad ones have been really bad.

Is this an Indonesian one?
Yeah it is. It’s 1100 bucks and this is what we get.

Nobody

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
zzounds asked me if I want the warehouse to hand pick one for a replacement. Shouldn’t they have done already?! This was literally a replacement.

nightsprinter

Contributor
Reaction score
zzounds asked me if I want the warehouse to hand pick one for a replacement. Shouldn’t they have done already?! This was literally a replacement.

Warehouse workers don't do anything besides look at an order slip, take a box off a shelf/pallet, toss it in another box with some loose paper, slap a label on, and mark the job as done. If they even do that much. They also share warehouses with American Musical Supply.

nightsprinter

Contributor
Reaction score
If I were you and I was dead set on this model being the one for me, I'd call or email Drumcity Guitarland/Drop Dee and see if they have one or if they can get one.

On a lark I'll use Zzounds and like them for what they are, but if I want an excellent example of an otherwise ordinary instrument, I personally reach out to the likes of Drop Dee Guitars, Drumcity Guitarland, etc. Because they will really look at the QC before they send it to you as opposed to a warehouse op.

')