ESP Strap locks question

• Thread starter Selfedge
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Selfedge

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I've recently bought ESP E-II Horizon NT HS, and it came with ESP ESL-01 strap locks.

When I was studying them I tightened the knurled nut without a strap, and now I can't loosen it back to put an actual strap in them.

Maybe this is stupid question, but these are my first strap locks, and I know that other manufacturers usualy have some bolts or openings for a screwdriver to untighten the knurled nut, but these strap locks don't have anything like that.

So, can someone who uses these strap locks help me with this question?

Thanks.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
This is the outer nut? I think there's a set screw on the side (small standard size); maybe you need to loosen that?

Selfedge

Reaction score
This is the outer nut? I think there's a set screw on the side (small standard size); maybe you need to loosen that?
Yes, it is the outer nut. On ESP straplocks there is no screw on the side of the nut unlike Shaller's S-Locks. As it is written in the description, they use so called "Perfect lock bolt" system, where two nuts have different thread lead angles and form a mechanical lock between them.
Maybe I just need something like ESP Multi Spanner Wrench to have more grip with the outer nut, or there is some trick with this system that i can't figure out.

Attachments

• ESL.jpg
    ESL.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 4

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Latest posts