ESP Viper 401???

• Thread starter tacotiklah
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
So I'm looking to get a decent 6 string to replace the ibanez that I'm selling. I saw them for a really good price on AMS. To the point that I really can't pass up getting one.

This model is black with a flame maple top (mahogany body) and comes stock with EMG 81 and 85 pickups. Everything in the description matches what I'm looking for in a guitar so my question to you guys is....how does it play? I can't find a place out here to test one out and I'm curious how it handles. I've used both the EC-1000 and the EC-401, so I'm wondering how the neck feels compared to those models. (I liked the EC-1000s feel more tbh)

That's the only thing keeping me from running out and buying it right away....

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dewy

Beet Farmer
Reaction score
I owned a Viper 400 for about 10 seconds, but I played the fuck out of it while i had it, I currently own an EC1000 and I've recorded with several LTD 300-400 models. I can vouch that its a killer guitar, not just for the price. Sounds great, plays grea, and I really like the ESP neck profiles. They seem to be way more consistent than most Schecters I've played, and I was a Schecter whore for like 6 years.

Mop

Reaction score
I find vipers very comfortable to play, the contoured body edges are awesome and the necks have a nice thickness/profile. The bodies are reasonably big too so they sound quite full, although not as big sounding as something like an explorer. I've recently picked up a viper 400 which I'm absolutely loving right now, it sounds great with a jb/59 combo but I haven't tried it with emgs. I've still got my viper 50 too (first guitar, I can't bring myself to sell it).
You will need to move the strap button to the end of the horn though because it's pretty neck heavy in the stock position

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
So then the neck for the viper 401 is a beefy neck then? Is it as big as the schecter necks or is it slimmed down some?

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
:bump:

come on, I know with the amount of gear heads we have here, SOMEBODY can tell me about how the viper 401 neck plays. :D

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
The neck is thinner than a Hellraiser's but fatter than a Jackson's

')