Et Minne Før "Corridors" Album Teaser

sytraxiplague

Reaction score

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AugmentedFourth

X:1 K:C [c^f]|
Reaction score
Sounds cool so far, although I can't judge much without a full song or the context of the album. For some reason I really like the noise that fades in around :30.

Skyblue

Reaction score
Sounds good, from the few seconds there on the trailer. I'd check it out~

sytraxiplague

Reaction score
Thank you guys for checking it out. I know it's hard to find the time sometimes, and there's other interests that can preoccupy us, so I genuinely appreciate the moments of your time!

AugmentedFourth

X:1 K:C [c^f]|
Reaction score
Hey, sounds cool. I like the harmonies. It felt kind of like if Cynic were a post-metal band. Maybe it's the lack of a prevailing melody like Cynic do with their vocals? Dunno. Not saying you should have vocals or anything, just pointing that out.

Come to think of it, are you guys at all influenced by Dysrhythmia? I really like their stuff and I feel like the guitar tone and the way you voice and assign rhythms to the clean arpeggios @2:16 & @2:29 is very similar to what they do, sounds cool.

It sounds quite good for a demo. I like that it sounds clean and professional but not overproduced, like the music has room to breathe. And the bass sits very nicely which I imagine was hard to pull off when it's doing such diverse roles. :yesway:

sytraxiplague

Reaction score
Hey, sounds cool. I like the harmonies. It felt kind of like if Cynic were a post-metal band. Maybe it's the lack of a prevailing melody like Cynic do with their vocals? Dunno. Not saying you should have vocals or anything, just pointing that out.

Come to think of it, are you guys at all influenced by Dysrhythmia? I really like their stuff and I feel like the guitar tone and the way you voice and assign rhythms to the clean arpeggios @2:16 & @2:29 is very similar to what they do, sounds cool.

It sounds quite good for a demo. I like that it sounds clean and professional but not overproduced, like the music has room to breathe. And the bass sits very nicely which I imagine was hard to pull off when it's doing such diverse roles. :yesway:
Thanks for taking the time to listen, again!

And I've heard of Dysrhythmia, have never really given them a listen, though. Definitely going for the "live/improvised" sounding thing. I guess a sort of King Crimson/Yes thing in mind as far as recording goes. And yes! there will be vocals. In this track as well. It will be fairly sparse, though. Lyrics will be even more sparse, most of the vocals will just be there to outline melodies and to give new textures.

This version will more than likely sound very close to the final version (production-wise), but the final will just have a bit more texture and hopefully the tones will be dialed in a little better. Possibly another section added, as well. Glad you enjoy! :D

sytraxiplague

Reaction score
Any other thoughts from others? Most of the skeletal tracks have been recorded. There's lots of ambience, we've been listening to a lot of David Sylvian, Brian Eno and the likes lately.. CDs will hopefully be pressed by early-mid December with a late December release.

Latest posts

')