Etherial 9 string custom carbon fiber guitar

• Thread starter NaYoN
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metaloaf

Reaction score
Goddamn I knew this was going to look awesome!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

engage757

Banned
Reaction score
I admit. Cool idea. I am ALWAYS into a luthier doing something unique and new, but I will be more interested in seeing and hearing the final product. Very interested.

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
Are those inlays or just glow-in-the-dark paint? The second seems more likely.

Glow in the dark paint mixed with something to give it consistency, which is then inlaid, so both.

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score

Yeah I can't wait to get this and go all Portal/Blut Aus Nord on it :)

Even though I am in a djenty-ish band that doesn't mean I can't use my ERG for crazy stuff :p

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Goddamn, this looks even more incredible now that it has been cleared up and glossed/epoxied. Can't wait to see the final product.

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
I really want to make an Engineer/Prometheus-inspired guitar right now! Lol.

Talk to Matt through the Etherial page, he'd love to work on something like that :D

A friend of mine is getting a gundam-inspired bass made by Matt (I don't have a picture of it) and Tre, the other guitarist of Carthage is getting a Hatsune Miku inspired 9 string:
248427_424834290887318_965303663_n.jpg

abandonist

Banned
Reaction score
When's that Carthage record coming out? I listened to the newest songs on the bandcamp and you're one of the few 'djenty' bands I can dig on.

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
When's that Carthage record coming out? I listened to the newest songs on the bandcamp and you're one of the few 'djenty' bands I can dig on.

By the end of the year. Everything is recorded and mixed, we just sent it to mastering iirc.

Reaction score
Talk to Matt through the Etherial page, he'd love to work on something like that :D

A friend of mine is getting a gundam-inspired bass made by Matt (I don't have a picture of it) and Tre, the other guitarist of Carthage is getting a Hatsune Miku inspired 9 string:
248427_424834290887318_965303663_n.jpg

Tre's design is based on Hatsune Miku? The virtual singer/software? (Lol, I've always looked at his design and been like "WTF is this based off?" Lol!)

Thanks Noyan, but actually, I have been working with Matt for about a month now on designing an ethnic-influenced guitar (have pretty much everything done, but we are waiting to hear back from Ola Strandberg to see if we can have his permission to use something of his. *wink wink*)

ONE WORD: SICK!!! Matt's designing was great, it was like he reached into my head and pulled out the perfect ideas. I think we are pretty much done with the designing, selecting hardware, etc. (Like I said, just got to hear back from ol' Ola.)

I can't wait to start a thread and watch my build come to life! If you're interested, Noyan, I could send you the design via PM. Or you might see it on the Etherial Facebook page in a few days. (And Matt's pricing is fantastic! - I might actually go back to him in a couple of months and maybe try the Prometheus/Engineer-influenced idea, ya know!)

Also: has anyone seen the Etherial designs for the guys of Exotype? Pardon me, but those guitars looks gaudy as hell......

splinter8451

Reaction score
Holy shit I am so glad there are finally some almost complete pictures. This thing is looking awesome.

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
Also: has anyone seen the Etherial designs for the guys of Exotype? Pardon me, but those guitars looks gaudy as hell......

The designs are not really Matt's fault, and he didn't publicly release them yet because they aren't final, the band put them out :p

I kinda dig them in some ways, but yeah, they're super over the top

293795_358924117534362_1613022757_n.png

JamesM

The Armada
Reaction score
Over the top is what some people want. :shrug: Whatever makes them happy. The beauty of going custom. :)

Definitely not my thing, but I'm glad you're diggin the designs here. :yesway:

')