Etherial 9 string custom carbon fiber guitar

• Thread starter NaYoN
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
Hows the fret work?

The frets are very nice and comfortable. No issues with that as far as I can tell/care. The only complaint I have about the guitar is that the gloss finish is spotty at a few places, like some dust got stuck in it or something like that.

xwmucradiox

sweep.tap.sweep
Reaction score
The frets are very nice and comfortable. No issues with that as far as I can tell/care. The only complaint I have about the guitar is that the gloss finish is spotty at a few places, like some dust got stuck in it or something like that.

Thats pretty typical of DIY gel coats. You're usually pouring finish onto a surface rather than spraying so it can go on rather uneven. Usually its not an issue since gel coats aren't often used on surfaces where people have extremely high expectations. Musical instruments, even low end ones, often have vastly higher finish expectations then even something like a $100,000 car.

Video sounds cool BTW. I played a show with you guys at Sidebar a few months ago I think.

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
Thats pretty typical of DIY gel coats. You're usually pouring finish onto a surface rather than spraying so it can go on rather uneven. Usually its not an issue since gel coats aren't often used on surfaces where people have extremely high expectations. Musical instruments, even low end ones, often have vastly higher finish expectations then even something like a $100,000 car.

Video sounds cool BTW. I played a show with you guys at Sidebar a few months ago I think.

Wow, why didn't you tell me so? Was it this show? Which band were you in?

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
It may have been that show. My heavy band is American Womanhood which is Daughters/Dillinger type stuff.

Were you guys the crazy grindcore-like band with insane drumming/guitar/bass and the vocalist who said stuff like "we suck, i hate myself"? That band was awesome!

xwmucradiox

sweep.tap.sweep
Reaction score
Were you guys the crazy grindcore-like band with insane drumming/guitar/bass and the vocalist who said stuff like "we suck, i hate myself"? That band was awesome!

LOL yeah thats us. Maybe my favorite description of our band ever :lol:

capoeiraesp

Reaction score
This guitar has turned out nicely. The concept is excellent and it's a good choice of a more conservative shape/design from Etherial. There are a few finishing issues and setup related things that could be better, based on the pictures supplied and the dust in the finish. Clearly he's improved his quality of work since previous builds.
That track from your video is tasty too.

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
12761_445874308783316_955641398_n.jpg

The spec sheet will be available later tonight apparently, along with pricing

Devyn Eclipse Nav

Avid Open C Enthusiast, Aspiring Ghibli Wizard
Reaction score
This guitar has proved you don't need a super long scale for the low notes to sound good.

However, that nut worries me - it looks like the slots are too big for the strings.

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
This guitar has proved you don't need a super long scale for the low notes to sound good.

However, that nut worries me - it looks like the slots are too big for the strings.

I'm not experiencing any issues with that - it feels fine

TheOddGoat

Reaction score
You know, I only know about Etherial because of this thread.

They should give you some money.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Well, I'm out. Too rich for my blood. I was secretly hoping to nab one, but that's just too far out of my range.

')