Etherial 9 string custom carbon fiber guitar

• Thread starter NaYoN
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm definitely going to get Circle K for the new builds. I've got EB for the C#1 on the .090 at 30". It's like 15.8 lbs.

And Noyan, I show it being 8.8 lbs at your pitch, so props to you for getting it to sound out! I have a light touch but I can't do anything at lower tensions without it flopping around. Maybe a higher action would help me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm definitely going to get Circle K for the new builds. I've got EB for the C#1 on the .090 at 30". It's like 15.8 lbs.

And Noyan, I show it being 8.8 lbs at your pitch, so props to you for getting it to sound out! I have a light touch but I can't do anything at lower tensions without it flopping around. Maybe a higher action would help me.

It's not just having a light touch (I don't), there's also some finessing it. I can't really put my finger on how I pick the low string differently but it is different somehow. Sorry that I'm not helpful.

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
So what would you guys like to see in a NGD?

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Just post nice pictures in here, you already have a thread dedicated to your new guitar. :)

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
Just post nice pictures in here, you already have a thread dedicated to your new guitar. :)

But i did post pictures! Do you want more? Specific angles?

willssharkfins666

Reaction score
Glad to see it done! finished product is awesome...this guitar and the custom Ibanez "Multiverse" are my fav. guitars on the forum at the moment...which is saying a lot because this site is filled with sweet guitars! Looking forward to the NGD thread whenever you get a chance, although you've covered mostly everything, this thing is so insane I'd still be interested in reading more about it... impressions, more pics etc. possibly a vid.

rockskate4x

rockskate4x
Reaction score
It's not just having a light touch (I don't), there's also some finessing it. I can't really put my finger on how I pick the low string differently but it is different somehow. Sorry that I'm not helpful.

I'm betting that you're hitting the string so that it vibrates side to side more than up and down into the finger board. This technique allows me to play demiurge on a 25.5 seven string with a circle k 65 tuned to F1 with a heavy heavy touch all day long :shred: Sounds better than when i did the same thing with a ghs 70 if you could believe that. :scratch:

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I'm betting that you're hitting the string so that it vibrates side to side more than up and down into the finger board. This technique allows me to play demiurge on a 25.5 seven string with a circle k 65 tuned to F1 with a heavy heavy touch all day long :shred: Sounds better than when i did the same thing with a ghs 70 if you could believe that. :scratch:

That's probably true to an extent, but a light touch is still needed to prevent too much detune from the deflection, since there's so little resistance.

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
Ok so here's a song I made with my 9 string and a playthrough video showcasing the guitar:

')