Etherial Guitars

Wizardtac

Reaction score
Sounds pretty cool, do you plan on recording something ?

We where waiting on said new bass to show up to do quality recordings a year late it officially shipped

It's not hear and I've got tunes already written for it. Hahaha delay tremolo bar and the killswitch I know some good dubstep tricks for that!

I uploaded a few other clips from Instagram and such all to the linked YouTube tell I get some recordings done here soon

Last edited by a moderator:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Wizardtac

Reaction score
I'm mainly playing in the Midwest-Kansas, Missouri,Oklahoma basically out of my local area. Just your average disgruntled veteran trying to make it playing music. Hopefully on a more professional level soon!

Wizardtac

Reaction score
Here is a video of what our setup actually looks like before I made the super villian suit. Haha

lewis

Reaction score
So bass showed up and I fucking hated it. Went out and sold it before I started puking. I'll give y'all the details later today.
oh.....my....god.....

after all that?. Really?.

SHIT!.

sorry to hear this and I look forward to hearing the story. Another black mark against Etherial then?

Wizardtac

Reaction score
Okay we'll start from the beginning out of the box, immediately noticed that my bridge pickup was pushed all the way into the cavity on one side while the screw was hanging out. Here I was able to see just how bad the inside cuts for the pickups where. Rather unfinished looking....

The Kahler trem and spretzel locking tuners performed flawlessly. So the parts of the bass Matt didn't design where the best parts....

The blend knob had a scratchy pot.
Push button killswitch worked but you could hear the actuation of the button being used kind of like a scratchy pot.
For an 18volt system the pickups where quiet unusually. I had the same pickups preamp in another bass so I requested this. It also had an overwhelming hum at volume like the jack wasn't making full connection?
I told Matt specifically "I only use DR neon strings." Of course I love the glow but the way I play I need coating I'll wear out that new string sound in an hour. The B is a 125.
The bass showed up with some cheap D'adarios that went I attempted to tune snapped 3 strings at the tuner like they had been taken on and off repeatedly and tuned under extreme tension before being loosened for shipping.
He sent another unopened pack of strings and they both had a 130 B string which was too large for the rollers on the tremolo. Also being too large of diameter and untapered was incredibly difficult to notch in the bridge.

The scooped neck profile was "cool" but the outside walls or dimensions where wayyyyy too thick. Like I understand now how on his guitars this could feel wonderful but, it felt like he just went "bass?? Just make everything larger." Basically playing in the high end was okay or in the middle of the neck but it felt like my thumb was just stuck in a channel. If that makes sense?

Aesthetically there was some places on the neck where it looked like the fretboard material gooped over the side of the neck. Spots where there was paint and speckling in the glow. So all the stuff y'all said about the finish and "organic lines" where much worse in person but the glow effect was dope.

On my end I fucked up in that I told him I wanted 27 frets. I said I wanted a 34" scale. He suggested the 35 too fit the extra frets seemlessly.
Huge mistake. I got injured in the Army and have 40% feeling in my right hand. So the extra inch of neck and the kahler made even my whole step down tuning. A higher tension then I like. Im also not about to tune to G..... the extra scale length made the neck seem alien and disproportionate to what I am used too. The 27 frets on the low B and E string led me to have to adapt my slapping style back closer to the bridge which was unnatural. I should have had that portion of the fretboard cut out.

So I sat there and mauled it over give it I found all these problems in one single day...

I'm starting a build with Prometeus Guitars in two weeks. With everything I learned I know exactly what to ask for.

I sold my Bongo 6 Stealth Pearl HH to partially fund my Etherial build. I miss that bass so much and when I played this bass it made me miss it more. Bongo is the best playing,sounding commercial bass I've ever played hands down and it shreds alot of boutique basses. I sold the Etherial put money down on a bongo stealth black HH, bought a line 6 helix and a mark bass amp....

Wizardtac

Reaction score
I was going to upload pictures but it keeps saying my files are too large?

Wizardtac

Reaction score
I could have just kept my bongo, and added a Kahler and pushbutton killswitch to my $500 ltd bought a shitload of extra gear and been alot happier.

Wizardtac

Reaction score
I waited so long, paid too much. But at this point it didn't even hurt honestly. Ive been ready for this. I didn't want to put any time into playing something I wasn't totally happy with.
This thing was a turd.

I don't want someone else to wait almost two years and be disappointed.

prlgmnr

...that kind of idea
Reaction score
Firstly, I'm so sorry it turned out this way as this would have looked so cool with all the other aspects of your live aesthetic.

Secondly

Basically playing in the high end was okay or in the middle of the neck but it felt like my thumb was just stuck in a channel. If that makes sense?

Would you say it was almost like it tessellated the human thumb?

Mathemagician

Reaction score
That sucks to hear dude. Sorry after all that it was still a hack job.

As for photos maybe creating a separate public “album” then just posting the link here?

Wizardtac

Reaction score
Firstly, I'm so sorry it turned out this way as this would have looked so cool with all the other aspects of your live aesthetic.

Secondly

Would you say it was almost like it tessellated the human thumb?

Thanks my friend! Literally the glow was the only thing super cool about it and yes..... If you want your thumb to tesselate itself in a jail shaped like a half pipe...

')