Evan Brewer: MEGATHREAD

Jogeta

Reaction score
Apologies in advance if the creation of this thread is a breach of forum etiquette!

I love this guy! I feel that he brings something fresh to modern heavy music.

His work with Reflux and Animosity made me notice bass guitar in metal, and he nailed his parts when I saw The Faceless in Manchester - while smiling and having a good time!

I can't get "Currency" from his solo album, Alone, out of my head! Fully looking forward to seeing him perform his solo stuff live!

Actualize

Currency

Rig Rundown

DST.jpg

Here are some links in case you guys/girls reading this want to find out more without having to go far:

Evan Brewer YouTube Channel

Evan Brewer Facebook

Alone on iTunes

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rogrotten

Reaction score
Saw him with at chain reaction with animals as leaders. it was amazing blew my F*cking mind!

rogrotten

Reaction score
yeah dude, all of the bands have something different ( in a good way). I really enjoyed all the bands. and yeah the level of musicianship was amazing!

mountainjam

Reaction score
That first vid was really cool...haven't watched the others yet. But let me get this straight. This guy has played in reflux with Tosin, he's supporting AAL on tour right now, and AAl doesn't have a bassist...:scratch:

teqnick

The only person that liked the new Faceless album
Reaction score
Saw him in Illinois just the other day. Awesome dude. Let me hold/ play his ESP custom bass. Definitely one of the best bass players out there.

Jogeta

Reaction score
That first vid was really cool...haven't watched the others yet. But let me get this straight. This guy has played in reflux with Tosin, he's supporting AAL on tour right now, and AAl doesn't have a bassist...:scratch:

:agreed:

From what I gather from the AAL megathread, they play along to a backing track live that has all the synths, samples and bass tracks on it. That would be one less mouth to feed on the road, and one less rig to lug around.

ROAR

oaf tobar
Reaction score
Seeing him Monday on the AAL tour.

Still undecided.

thatguy5557123

Reaction score
I wish in the gear vid he talked more on his ESP 5 string, why was it to much to go into ? i personally am always up for a good 20minute video about gear!!

Now to gush, as a guitar player this guy makes me wana run out and buy a bass.

Murdstone

Sycamore Trees
Reaction score
In regards to the song Currency -
All of that could have been done on one bass, could it not? :scratch:

rogrotten

Reaction score
In regards to the song Currency -
All of that could have been done on one bass, could it not? :scratch:

I don't think so because he rings out most of the notes so it's a lot more "chordal" and you wouldn't be able to do that in only a bass. Right? correct me if I'm wrong, because I'm not sure of what I just said :lol:

Murdstone

Sycamore Trees
Reaction score
I don't think so because he rings out most of the notes so it's a lot more "chordal" and you wouldn't be able to do that in only a bass. Right? correct me if I'm wrong, because I'm not sure of what I just said :lol:

A lot of the tapped notes on the lap bass sound like they're on strings that aren't being used by his left hand, so I'm pretty sure they could ring out on one bass.
It's impressive and all, I just don't think it's necessary.

FireInside

.Buried.Breathing.
Reaction score
Do any of you guys know what is up with those string mutes he uses? Almost like a sort of capo or something? Might be fun to mess with. Is he just using some fabric or something?

yingmin

Parker über alles
Reaction score
Do any of you guys know what is up with those string mutes he uses? Almost like a sort of capo or something? Might be fun to mess with. Is he just using some fabric or something?

It's just a hair tie. It's not a capo, because it doesn't change the pitch. All it does is prevent open strings from ringing out.

GSingleton

Sleep on, Fly on
Vendor
Reaction score
SO...anyone heard of his new project called Climaxes? I have searched and found nothing on here.

robzuki

Reaction score
Saw him with at chain reaction with animals as leaders. it was amazing blew my F*cking mind!

i was there front row for that show it blew my mind.

Evan Brewer will be found on Bandhappy.com the online music lesson website, once it launches. personally ill be buying a lesson from him and from the bassist from scale the summit

')