Evan Rubinson running Dean Guitars into the ground

• Thread starter ClownShoes
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tedtan

Reaction score
Fender were the ones who sued Tokai, Schecter, and ESP in the late 70's/early 80's as well, not just Gibson.
Fender’s suits were about the headstock shape and/or logo, though, not the body shapes, whereas Gibson has gone after manufacturers that make a guitar that looks too close in shape to one of their designs which is what this Dean lawsuit is about: the shape of the Dean V and Explorer style guitars.

Don’t get me wrong, while I don’t mind a manufacturer having a design patent on a new design for period of maybe ten or fifteen years or so, having that design patent 60+ years on is pretty stupid. But that’s where we are.

(And I realize that you know this, I’m just elaborating for others).

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ZLE

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I think it was one of the Marx brothers that said : "Those are my principles and if you don't like them I have others.." Gibson are the same.When Jackson ruled the world they had 0 problem to put out something like this:

ZLE

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
1100085314.jpg

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
No one really cares if Zelinsky is there. They want Dean Guitars...not Dean Zelinsky.
Yeah but he doesn't build them anymore so it's not really a Dean. Just like when Jackson left Jackson. And Gibson left Gibson. I'm pretty sure Mr Squier doesn't build Squiers anymore either. How long has it been since Harley Benton built a guitar with his own hands?

Reaction score
Yeah but he doesn't build them anymore so it's not really a Dean. Just like when Jackson left Jackson. And Gibson left Gibson. I'm pretty sure Mr Squier doesn't build Squiers anymore either. How long has it been since Harley Benton built a guitar with his own hands?
Are you aware that no one gives a fuck and they just want the guitars? No one cares who or what makes the guitars as long as the quality is good and it's what they want.

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
Looks exactly like a soloist built by a hundred year old mandolin/jazz guitar company trying to cash in on the hip new thing by trying and failing to copy a soloist.
This is the shoddiest tier
I love the US-1
Really hope Gibson some artist with a big name starts to use it and pushes Gibson to build it again
It's an instrument that, for me, has loads of reasons to exist

ZLE

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
To be fair, they got Wayne Charvel involved as a CYA on this. That bridge is garbage, but otherwise they're cool guitars.
I have nothing against the guitar. At least isn't the 1532343 Les Paul in different finish. Been keeping an eye for that one and the more luxurious one with the maple top (US1). Just the double standards of some companies when it comes to one guitar having resemblance to another 😎.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have nothing against the guitar. At least isn't the 1532343 Les Paul in different finish. Been keeping an eye for that one and the more luxurious one with the maple top (US1). Just the double standards of some companies when it comes to one guitar having resemblance to another 😎.
Yeah, that's Gibson for you though. :lol:

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
Gibson just gets butt hurt because when they try to clone other people's shit nobody wants it and they lose money. Then when other people clone Gibson's shit they make it better and Gibson loses money.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
Are you aware that no one gives a fuck and they just want the guitars? No one cares who or what makes the guitars as long as the quality is good and it's what they want.
Idk I definitely wouldn't want to find out I bought a guitar made with slave labour.

I wouldn't want to find out I bought a Dean either...

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Apparently Dean is already capitalizing on their V and Z unbanning
450427201_18444374029052953_6706773825122918827_n.jpg

450802290_18444374038052953_2312139450349360343_n.jpg
451050278_18444374047052953_4155382182258784318_n.jpg
I love the audacity lmao, you know they had this in the chamber waiting for *something* to happen

Also the body/headstock combo works a lot better than I expected. Always was curious how that headstock looked on the Z

Reaction score
I love the audacity lmao, you know they had this in the chamber waiting for *something* to happen

Also the body/headstock combo works a lot better than I expected. Always was curious how that headstock looked on the Z
I can just imagine Pam and the rest of the board and them giggling and giddy as they stockpile pictures in anticipation for even the slightest win so they can be petty in public.

I imagine they're all in a board room looking at each other like
mcconnell-12319.jpg

')