Evan Rubinson running Dean Guitars into the ground

• Thread starter ClownShoes
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Really good actually. It's hard comparing such different guitars, they certainly have a Gibson vibe, but the fine details are better, on average, I feel.

Fretwork is great, weights are usually fairly balanced, finish work is solid, and electronics are expertly assembled.

They just tend to be expensive, and can be pretty campy/lame looking, which is subjective.

I think most folks pass on them because of the image and focus on import stuff the last couple decades.

Back in the 80's and 90's they had a much better, more high end, image.
Thanks! I like specs that I can see of the USA Thoroughbred models with Floyd Rose. Just haven't been sure of the quality.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks! I like specs that I can see of the USA Thoroughbred models with Floyd Rose. Just haven't been sure of the quality.

I don't think you'd be disappointed by the quality, I don't know if I'd call them ESP Original or Custom pedigree, but they are very well made and the attention to detail is there.

The biggest complaint I've seen over the years are related to the quality of figuring in the tops on some models and not everyone likes the neck shapes, which tend to be larger Vs.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
Dean USA has always been better than Gibson USA. I like them both, but Dean has always worked harder and longer on an instrument.

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
Dark as...
I mean, it's something you have to take into consideration when spending money on deals with these antique rock stars. Dean has squeezed a couple of decades out of dime after he's been dead and gone. Everybody and their brother who has any product that Jimmy Hendrix's cousin ever looked at is milking it for everything. But how many people are actually going to associate MS with Dean? The crusty old scorpions/UFO/MSG fans remember Mike in his glory days with a Gibson.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I guess we'll find out next year what happens to guys like John Connolly, Peterson, Schenker etc that all have the Z/V shape. IF that planned reboot happens.

It looks like Greg Tribbett is already transitioning to the point V shape

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Isn't that the same guy who's always posting negative stuff, clickbait, doom and gloom stuff?

According to those who work within the company they're fine and Dean is planning a 2024 revamp. Posts have been made in the Dean FB group.

Who knows for sure. I guess time will tell. They could very well go dormant for a bit. It's happened before but they always make it back.

Wait why do we hate these people again?

I can’t believe I’m going to have to go back and change all those thumbs up to a thumbs down now.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score

I can’t believe I’m going to have to go back and change all those thumbs up to a thumbs down now.
The Holy Trinity of Nerds.

artworks-DLqjyeTccyQuzOds-JgLQeQ-t500x500.jpg

LTYzODAuanBlZw.jpeg

default.jpg

somethingsomething

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

About 95% of YouTubers are the video equivalent of those garbage gossip rags you see in the checkout line of a grocery store. They contribute a net negative value to society and should live their lives in a state of permanent shame.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
About 95% of YouTubers are the video equivalent of those garbage gossip rags you see in the checkout line of a grocery store. They contribute a net negative value to society and should live their lives in a state of permanent shame.

But other than that? ;)

Reaction score

I don't know much about that KHDM-6h guy or whatever his name is. I've seen one or two of his videos which were negative and every time he pops up on my YT suggestions it's something negative, clickbaity, and gossipy.

I don't hate him, I just don't watch his vids nor do believe anything he says.

')