Evan Rubinson running Dean Guitars into the ground

• Thread starter ClownShoes
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jrn1308

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yeah, also Jackson recently releasing that "definitely-not-a-Laiho-sig" concept Rhoads :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
Uuuuuuhhhhhmmmmmm.....so has anyone noticed that Dean is selling the Razorbacks and Stealths again just without Dime's name?

View attachment 143007
Chondro announced this over a year ago that Dean would be able to continue making the stealth (Razorback who knows). The caveat is no Dime name (obviously) and no razor blade inlay.

The USA stealth shape is actually a bit different from the original stealth, so that may be why.

The quote is “The ML and the stealth shapes belong to Dean. They do not belong to the Dimebag estate. However, the signature on the back of the headstock will no longer be there. And the pickups will probably be changed to keep from it being a signature without it being a signature. We can easily put Dimes pickups in there. The other thing that cannot be done is the lightning bolt paint job which can't be done anymore anyway because that series has already sold out. Original inlays on the stealth is also out. Even though the Dime estate did not own those particular inlays, it is associated with dime which could lead Dean open for trouble..”

Last edited:

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Stealth coming back is cool
Razorback deserves to be discontinued a second time
Ola could be also critical about the Pantera tribute tour ....
Nah you see, a Pantera tour only featuring 2 original members (the singer with a shot voice and a bassist that no one seems to really care about) and not the iconic guitarist and the drummer that both openly hated the 2 remaining members and swore up and down a Pantera reunion would never happen *up until he died* isn't a cash grab. A couple of guitars featuring a legally distinct finish? Total fucking cash grab.

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
It’ll be interesting to see how many stealths sell without Dime’s name. Something tells me not many, but who knows.

Reaction score
I'm glad Dean is selling them and without all the Dime shit on it, the guitars already look a bit better. Anything that pisses off the Dime/Pantera fanbois is fine by me. Good. Fuck'em. Heaven forbid they have to deal with reality for once in their mouth breathing lives.

Reaction score
So 2 years later...after people putting in orders and being told wrong delivery times over and over...someone finally got one of the ash body MLs.

FB_IMG_1715735911615.jpg

FB_IMG_1715735917407.jpg

FB_IMG_1715735923255.jpg

Reaction score
Fishman’s and an evertune on an ML is just so offensive. 🤮
I kinda agree. I had one of those on order solely due to the wood and color but cancelled it as I didn't want an Evertune or Fishmans.

Well and the C shape neck....and no volute...and not locking tuners....and the belly carve.

So essentislly I was about to drop 2k on a guitar JUST because of the look. Luckily I came to my senses

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
Bah, I'd do the Dimebag related shapes with the reverse inline headstock, but this is me biased towards the ugly abomination that I refuse to call headstock
1715752961457.png

In my book this is million miles better than Jackson and ESP x shapes

Reaction score
Bah, I'd do the Dimebag related shapes with the reverse inline headstock, but this is me biased towards the ugly abomination that I refuse to call headstock
View attachment 143528
In my book this is million miles better than Jackson and ESP x shapes
That headstock looks stupid as fuck. V headstock or die.

Perge

Reaction score
Reaction score
Once again, people bitching to bitch. Best modern ml they've put out that has nothing to do with Dime in like a decade, and biiiiiiiitch bitch bitch. Awesome looking model. This is the general direction they should go IMO.
I've said often that they really need a modern line and a classic line. The classic line will be for Dean fans and the modern would be to get new players. If they redid that guitar with a reverse 6 in line headstock I think it'd be a huge hit

Reaction score
No I mean

View attachment 143546

People say it's a Jackson neck but IIRC it's actually a neck from a Washburn G series?
Oooh I thought you meant the Washburn MLs. Yeah I don't know the story of the Concrete Sledge. I saw a black version though and realized Dean seems to have a dedication for refusing to make clear no brainers into production models

Edit:
I've never seen the original. Holy shit it DOES look much better. I actually like this and I'm a diehard V stock fan
Dime_Concrete_Sledge_ML.jpg

Rosal76

Reaction score
View attachment 143528

Back in 2014, Cannibal corpse had released a book called Bible of butchery which is a history of the band/band members who were in the band during that time.

Buy anyways, there is a picture of Rob Barrett playing what appears to be a Dean ML and/or a explorer shape with the reverse inline headstock. We can't see the back of the guitar so it's anyone's guess of what the shape is but we can clearly see the Dean logo on the headstock. I looked online for several years to see if I could find any more pictures of him playing that guitar but no luck. I actually thought Dean was gonna make a Rob Barrett signature ML and/or whatever shape that is with that headstock. I guess that Dean is a one-off guitar.

1715788345066.jpeg

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Iirc the story seems to be that it's the white 24 fret ML that Dean Zelinsky made for Dime as a gift in the 80s. The neck broke on it in and for some reason instead of getting a replacement Dean neck (this was around the time the US shop shut down I guess?) they used the neck of a Washburn, glued it on, and refinished the whole guitar.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No I mean

View attachment 143546

People say it's a Jackson neck but IIRC it's actually a neck from a Washburn G series?
Jackson made him a prototype after Dean went under, and that's what's in the PCS live video from Moscow. I don't think this is the same guitar, this looks like a Washburn.

')