Evan Rubinson running Dean Guitars into the ground

• Thread starter ClownShoes
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Bah, I'd do the Dimebag related shapes with the reverse inline headstock, but this is me biased towards the ugly abomination that I refuse to call headstock
View attachment 143528
In my book this is million miles better than Jackson and ESP x shapes
I'd say "kill it with fire", but it looks like they already did as per Dean's typical MO, and as usual just managed to make it look worse.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Viginez

Reaction score
Oooh I thought you meant the Washburn MLs. Yeah I don't know the story of the Concrete Sledge. I saw a black version though and realized Dean seems to have a dedication for refusing to make clear no brainers into production models

Edit:
I've never seen the original. Holy shit it DOES look much better. I actually like this and I'm a diehard V stock fan
View attachment 143547
they should def use this headstock more, on their other models too

manu80

Reaction score
thought it was an ibanez neck from what I read/saw back in the day, but yeah it looks like a washburn one on your pic

Reaction score
It looks like Lil Stumpy Tattoo Man got an un-earwigged V. This is what I think most people were expecting his original sig guitar to be
FB_IMG_1716283960801.jpg

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1716283953328.jpg
    FB_IMG_1716283953328.jpg
    287.4 KB · Views: 16

manu80

Reaction score
He saw the light !!!! even without the bevels it would be great. Well a Kyle Sanders in 6 strings...

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I don't recall any prototypes? I just remember him playing the Earwig immediately. I don't recall a prototype was ever talked about. But then again I don't visit a lot of places where they probably talked about it lol
Perhaps it was one of the prototypes. If memory serves his earlier Deans looked like that before they went with the melted tips looking one.

Reaction score
I don't recall any prototypes? I just remember him playing the Earwig immediately. I don't recall a prototype was ever talked about. But then again I don't visit a lot of places where they probably talked about it lol
I remember a picture of him in a room with some guitars Dean gave him. There were some Karl Sanders ones, his BC Rich guitars, and some prototypes

tedtan

Reaction score
Technically not a win for Dean, that ruling just means that something was wrong with the trial and that Dean and Gibson have to go back to court and hold a new trial (and spend even more money doing so). Now, admitting new evidence might work out for Dean, but technically, this is just going back to square 1.

Moongrum

Reaction score
I have no sources, but I thought it was settled a long time ago that copying guitar bodies was fair game, it's headstocks that can be enforced. Is Gibson's complaint different or are they just going after smaller companies knowing they won't throw money into a lawsuit?

jco5055

Reaction score
I have no sources, but I thought it was settled a long time ago that copying guitar bodies was fair game, it's headstocks that can be enforced. Is Gibson's complaint different or are they just going after smaller companies knowing they won't throw money into a lawsuit?
I’d guess you’re right (otherwise only fender would make strats) but it seems like Gibson has kinda gone against the “gentleman’s agreement”

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
That case involved Fender and IIRC its because they never trademarked their Strat, Tele, and P bass bodies in the first place. Only the "newer" shapes and the headstocks.

tedtan

Reaction score
Fender never defended their IP through lawsuits, so they’re free game (except the headstocks).

Gibson, on the other hand, has defended their IP, including body shapes, going back to the “lawsuit” era Japanese guitars of the 60s and 70s. That’s why you don’t see any Les Paul or SG shapes in the US except those made by Gibson (and Epiphone).

Nightside

I AM THE EMPEROR
Reaction score
I'm happy
That gives some more life to Dean
I hate when guitar manufacturers shut the business
Dean is long gone though so it's just some other people who paid for the right to slap his name on their guitars.

Latest posts

')