Even more Agiles up

• Thread starter dgf
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Crap, I'm jonesing hard for one of those 828 pros. But with an 828 BRJ on the way and a soon to be ordered Roter fanned 9, I'm not in need of any new purchases. I've got more GAS now than that trip to Mexico in '97.:lol:

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I just ordered the Interceptor Pro 727 Amber Burst :hbang::shred::hbang:
Nice! If I were playing 7s anymore I would have nabbed that myself. Definitely the most unique thing on there. I wish they made that in an 8.

epic507

Reaction score
It's gonna be my first 7 that I've owned. I've played on them a lot, just never bought one. So I decided it was time. I think I did pretty well for myself lol.

Dethfield

Advanced Prototype
Reaction score
Im gonna pick up one of those white interceptors. Anyone had any experience with these?

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
om nom nom that 727 purple passive septor is sick

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Im gonna pick up one of those white interceptors. Anyone had any experience with these?

Yeah, I've got an 827 std from the summer run. Basically, cross your fingers that it intonates and the bridge wasn't cut too close to the neck. That's been the big issue with these. Pretty much everyone has had an issue with that. Most of the time it's been correctable with using the stud screws to back the Kahler way back toward the butt of the guitar (and unfortunately showing the route beneath), but on some of them they can't be intonated. But, you can always return it, so I say go for it.:yesway:

Dethfield

Advanced Prototype
Reaction score
Yeah, I've got an 827 std from the summer run. Basically, cross your fingers that it intonates and the bridge wasn't cut too close to the neck. That's been the big issue with these. Pretty much everyone has had an issue with that. Most of the time it's been correctable with using the stud screws to back the Kahler way back toward the butt of the guitar (and unfortunately showing the route beneath), but on some of them they can't be intonated. But, you can always return it, so I say go for it.:yesway:

Good to know. Hopefully they have corrected that problem this batch.

Kelly

MelodicDream Catcher
Reaction score
damn... really wanted the ocean 827... slipped right out of my hands....

Evil7

LowCrushingMetal
Reaction score
If you are thinking of getting an Agile I say go for it...
My Interceptor 727 is everything I thought it would be.

meisterjager

Now available in HD
Reaction score
I'm still massively gassing over that amberburst one.. It looks AMAZING, and I'm not usually a fan of that kinda finish

Naywin

Reaction score
Made an account to say hot damn that charcoal Intrepid 828 with Maple Fretboard is AWESOME.

Question, do they usually have more than one or is that just a one off? should have the money soon and i'll be a sad panda if it goes before i can order one.

TMM

UUDDLRLRBAStart
Reaction score
Some of those look pretty nice... but I can't see spending $1k on an Agile when you can get both Ibanez & Schecter 8s for less - both of which I'd take over an Agile, personally.

Galius

Mentally Guitarded
Reaction score
Some of those look pretty nice... but I can't see spending $1k on an Agile when you can get both Ibanez & Schecter 8s for less - both of which I'd take over an Agile, personally.

Hmmmm...but both without trems...

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score

I agree $1k is a bit high, but the Agiles I've owned have smoked the Schecters and Indo Ibanez guitars :shrug:

ra1der2

Reaction score
It's hard to beat agile's price for a guitar with the kahler 8 and emg's

Even if you get a schecter damien elite, then buy the kahler and do the upgrade yourself it's still going to cost like $850 total, without a locking nut. Add the locking nut and your nearly at the agile price without it even being installed yet.

Although the schecters do have higher quality control, and better wood IMO.

Dethfield

Advanced Prototype
Reaction score
I picked up the white interceptor because it had alot of great features you dont usually see together on most 8 strings on the market these days. I think $1000 is a good price for dual emgs (i happen to like the 808 :agreed:), kahler trem, maple fretboard, and beautiful white finish plus matching headstock. The only thing i dislike about the specs are the lack of inlays, but i think im just going to buy some of these vinyl sticker inlays off ebay.

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
If anybody is on the fence with those Septors, note that hey DO come with a coil tap on the tone pot. The wiring diagram on the listing is wrong.

')