Even more Agiles up

• Thread starter dgf
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ra1der2

Reaction score
Given that there are basses with trems that have similar construction, much longer scale length, and higher tension I doubt it would actually be an issue :2c:

Glad to know they managed to build at least one of these that didn't suck... the 28" scale one I had had the neck warp so badly it was unplayable after 2 months and that was with no trem use :lol:

LMAO, yeah I got lucky, I've definitely heard some stories. The neck on this is like a tree trunk, so that may help also :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Stengah

Reaction score
I couldn't hold off any longer, just bought the Septor 828 Natural ash with the maple board. First 8 string, I can't wait

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
On a standard tuned seven I agree, but having played 8s tuned F# at 27", 27.5", and 28.625" I'll say the F# definitely sounds much clearer at 28.625"... I do think 30" is overkill though :lol: Definitely all a matter of opinion though, much like tone preferences.

I agree that the F# (or lower) tends to sound better on the 27"+ scales, but I'm more concerned with the other seven strings. :lol:

Reaction score
the F on my FM-408 with an .080 at 25.5 sounds like mammajammin Armageddon is happening when i doth summon it :shred: i hated my agile(s) :noplease: they look so cool and i still see them and think about giving them another chance (septer) sometimes but they've got two strikes so far with the intrepids i've had...good luck with all yours that you've purchased!

')