Ever find yourself trying to bond to a guitar but its just not happening

• Thread starter ibanezcollector
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

berserker213

Reaction score
I love my ARZ307. However, I had one of the S7320s when they came out...thing was gone in under a month. Just wasn't feeling it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
I have the opposite problem, I bond with every guitar I play. It has proved to be quite the problem :lol:

GATA4

Banned
Reaction score
This is a great thread, because we've all been there. When I first got my ESP LTD MH400 I contacted the seller to ask if I could give it back because I just couldn't get on with it. It literally took me about two years to finally get that feeling of connection with it. It was one of those things where I saw it online, and was just amazed by everything about it....it had an amazing finish, 24 frets, tremolo system, active EMG pickups...it was everything that I was looking for, but it was a blind buy. I regretted it for a while and I tried so hard to love it but, as I said, it took a long while before I finally began to get the feel for it.

Tjore

Hipster Jesus
Reaction score
I have an LTD KH-602 that I got when I was like 9 years old, and I've had that connection with it ever since I packed that thing out of the cardboard packaging. You can just imagine the GAS I had after my dad and I went to pick it up at wherever the importer was in Oslo.

I remember loving it so much, after I screwed up quite alot the first time I ever tried to set it up by myself at the age of 11, I started crying, because I felt like I was hurting her. I had never even touched a guitar with a Floyd before I got it, and I was so clueless back then. This guitar has taught me so many things about so many things, haha, and I just couldn't stop playing on her.

I started getting other guitars at age 13, another LTD, but this time with a Tonepro instead of a Floyd. Reason was because I discovered drop tunings and things like that, and I would have problems tuning around on the KH with a Floyd. But no other guitar really felt so... perfect. No other guitar really connected with me the same way.

Today, at age almost 17, the only six string guitar I own, and will probbably ever own for a long long time, is that same LTD KH-602. And I play it almost every day. Well, truth be told, not entierly yet though. I still have my Les Paul Gothic II that I am going to sell, because I sort of don't need it or want it in my life anymore.

So the moral is: Connection with that instrument is important. Don't be a gear whore, keep the one or two or three etc. guitars that you feel become a part of you instead of just being there or being played on as an item or a gem. ;)

Michael T

Sea Turtles mate
Contributor
Reaction score
**call the lynch mob**
I had a EBMM JP7 fully loaded, the guitar felt great, played like a dream but i just couldn't gel with it. Changed pups in her a few times, still no love.
Tried to convince myself that it was an awesome guitar, Its pretty, it wasn't cheap and EVERYONE talked about how awesome they were.

Finally I sold her off and put the money toward a BRJ build (That should be finished soon !!) Lets just hope i don't encounter the same thing with my incoming BRJ Jekyll

Price, looks, quality, reputation....none of it matters if the guitar doesn't feel natural, like an extension of yourself.

JaeSwift

Of Blood and Sawdust
Reaction score
I spent my 1st paycheck on my schecter hellraiser special 7 and almost a year later don't think i've formed any kind of bong with it..Its a great guitar just not for me i guess which sucks since i sorta thought it would have been amazing

Try playing it instead of smoking it:lol:

unclejemima218

190 Proof
Reaction score
I've had the ARZ307 for a little over 2 months, it was kinda rough getting used to it (still am) but I don't think I'd ever get rid of it. I've adjusted to it and now it's my favorite guitar I own. but everyone's different so I hope you get used to yours!

Fillifax

Reaction score
I really liked the specs and looks of my BC Rich Mockingbird ST, but truthfully, I just couldn't get accustommed to that neck and that shape; I traded it for a LTD EX Clockwork Zombie, which had HUGE balance issues that just ruined it for me. Playability was awesome when sitting down, but when standing, there was just nothing to work with. Traded it for my DB Wing II, which plays absolutely awesome <3

Seanthesheep

Reaction score
My fender MiM telecaster.

Neck is nice but radius is odd. Since then Ive gotten a PRS and cant stand te bulky body anymore. Ive also adapted to the neck and enjoy it now, but dont play it much cuz of the bulky body. So Ill be replacing it with a strat hopefully

iamdunker

Reaction score
i just cant bond with my rg7321. It feels and sounds like plywood compared to my prestiges. I will have a prestige 7 or at least a mij.

Tysonimmortal

Beers and Gear
Reaction score
Mine is a Schecter Hellraiser v7, I love Schecters, but I just can't get on with the flying V shape. Its such an amazing guitar that I feel guilty not playing it, but you just can't make yourself love something...

Darkstar124

Strongman
Reaction score
Ok I got my ARZ307 which some days I love and some days I hate.

I am really trying to love it, but I just cant seem to get that connection with it like I can with my modded Jay Turser(Shush it that guitar is great)

So I am constantly on the fence trade it, keep it, trade it, keep it.

Anyone else going through this at the moment. It sucks :ugh:

I had this happen with that guitar exactly! Great guitar, but I just couldn't get into it. Traded it for an S540FM. Hommana hommana

shanejohnson02

Hammer of the Gods
Reaction score
My RGA7 just isn't doing it for me. I like Ibanez guitars, but I bought a Carvin and now I'm spoiled. I just never reach for the RGA7 anymore.

I also have an SA1260 prestige that, by all accounts, should be an amazing guitar. I can't get it to do anything right...high action, shrill sound. I bought it when I was in an Andy Timmons phase and now I never pick it up for anything.

There are other pieces of gear though that I just don't get on with. My Metal Muff, MXR EQ pedal, 5150 112 combo, etc. I've wanted to sell all of this stuff for a while, just haven't gotten around to posting any of it :-/

SYLrules88

I play drums!
Reaction score
^Ha! i just got my carvin 8 and that has spoiled me! I was jamming at a friends house yesterday on my schecter blackjack c-7 and i just dont really like it anymore. i bought it brand new and have had it for almost a year. it has been fun to play, but i just really dont feel that bond with it like i do with my other axes.

despite now owning a high quality guitar, my schecter c-1 classic will never be sold/traded. that guitar always feels like pure gold, and the pickups i have in it are excellent!

MistaSnowman

Play It LOUD!!!
Reaction score
After 11 months, I finally bonded with my RGA7. There has been many a time that I thought I'd sell it, but after a while I finally got to a point where I said 'I could never sell this guitar.'

SchecheadIbby

Reaction score
I've had an ibanez arz307 for alittle over 5 months and it just hasn't hooked me
I mean I like it
But I don't cuz personally I'm not a fan of toms, I don't like bound necks, I don't like the weight distribution, I dont like the pickups, I like bigger frets, and I've never been much of a les Paul shape guy
Clearly everybody has their own opinion but it's just not for me
Now that I have the action in a good spot It feels better but still (I used to have the action twice the height of normal string height lol)
I like it but i don't so confusing :scratch:

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
There's just something about my LTD F-50, I like it, and it plays ok, I just can't get it to sound good. I've changed the pickups a couple times, tried different tunings, different strings...I just can't get it to sound good, but I don't want to get rid of it because I like how it plays.

Also, I'm just not digging my Tubemeister that much, but that's probably because I'm having a hard time dialing in a good tone on it.

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score
I've encountered this with a lot of instruments, some you just connect with for whatever reason and some you don't.

Quality has nothing to do with it, either. I've owned $2500 guitars that just didn't do anything for me, so they got resold.

')