Ever wish some guitars had an extra string?

• Thread starter Autofate
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

neon_black88

Reaction score
This

IbanezRG3120TW.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

stuh84

The Viking himself
Contributor
Reaction score
I always liked Warlocks, so this in a 7 would be AMAZING, tempted to go custom with one eventually from RAN or something like that....

glam3_warnj.jpg

scott from _actual time_

grumpy old man
Contributor
Reaction score
This as a 7 string would just be too good to be true.
059.JPG

hey, that looks like one of the S7s i built myself! :yesway:
S7mhg-done-body3.jpg

i second all the great strats and teles, wishing they had an extra string. and/or maybe a great classic hollowbody. but the options nowadays for neat 7s are so much more than they were ten years ago, so that's great to see at least.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
Not a day goes by that I didn't wish Jackson made a 7 string version of my SLSMG.

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd love to see a king V style 7 string. Hardtail...

Seriously, how come noone makes a good 7 string V that's not custom? The epi one was meh, I'm not a fan of the Gibson V, and there are RR7's in existence, but they're not true V's...

MrRedRaider

Reaction score
Not a day goes by that I didn't wish Jackson made a 7 string version of my SLSMG.
:agreed: Man, I love my SLS as it is, but a 7 string version would be absolutely perfect. The thinner body shape would match nicely to the larger body and neck. Im sure it would beef up the tone even more.

Ketzer

Good news, everyone!
Reaction score
This one.

UO1238a.jpg

this one, too.

UO1675a.jpg

and

jack-warr-UO1034-ken.jpg

also

dragonbig.jpg

Yeah, I love Jackson KVs and Warriors:metal:. I was talking to the Jackson rep at a local store, he was delivering a PC1 (with the new chameleon finish, no less:shred:), and he said that the company doesn't think that there's enough of a market for the radical shapes to warrant producing them in seven-string forms. I asked him to tell them to make a 7-string warrior, I hope the message gets through:lol:.

elrrek

Contributor
Reaction score
Going by the fact that the Ibanez Xiphos (sp?) has been fairly well received Jackson have probably missed the boat on that one, foolishness once again.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
I actually cant think of any 6s I want as a 7 right now.. Maybe a Jackson KE-1F.. the quilt top ones.. or maybe a BC rich Stealth.

Weird.. but then again I mostly like enjoy RG shapes.. and Agile is really owning up with making what I want lately.

I feel obligated to post some pics for GAS sake.. so heres the best I could find, what I want as a 7. (Altho, if Chris Woods gets off his ass and gets to work, i WILL have almost exactly this, cept Amber, and Maple fretboard, and Hipshot bridge ^^)
004.JPG

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
We all know about my lust for a 7-string Anderson HSS Drop-Top 7 with a maple board and a blue quilt.

ilyti

Lazy Ryebread Viking
Reaction score
All of Ron Thorn's doublecuts. I can't ever come close to that price range, but at least I'd know what my dream guitar would look like.

Latest posts

')