EVH 5150 iii 100 watt

• Thread starter jd267
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jd267

Reaction score
What do you guys think of the 5150iii 100 watt? any help would be great i also searched and read a lot about them on here just want to here from owners.:hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jd267

Reaction score
got one today don't no if im jiving with it so far...

Pensilac

Reaction score
Never tried the 100 watt but I have the 50 and I love it. It's perfect for me playing at low volumes being that I live in an upstairs apartment. I hear it does very well at much higher volumes as well but have yet to experience it for myself.

Abbath78

Reaction score
I owned the 100 watt version for a short time. I think the speaker cab you use and your eq settings are very important with this amp. Stick with it for awhile or you'll end up like me regretting that I traded it in too quick lol

jd267

Reaction score
I owned the 100 watt version for a short time. I think the speaker cab you use and your eq settings are very important with this amp. Stick with it for awhile or you'll end up like me regretting that I traded it in too quick lol

running it threw a mesa rec cab with v30's. Boosting up front with a od808. Crunch chan boosted sounds great. Red chan just sounds weird to me almost sounds like there is a wah on in the mix.

Primedog

Morgue crew
Reaction score
I've had the evh for 4 years now it's a pretty awesome amp I primarily tune to b and use emg 81 or Bareknuckle painkillers. Lots of people don't like channel 2 but I play death metal all the time on that channel with a ts9 and it's articulate and in a band setting cutting and brutal.

Primedog

Morgue crew
Reaction score
I've had the evh for 4 years now it's a pretty awesome amp I primarily tune to b and use emg 81 or Bareknuckle painkillers. Lots of people don't like channel 2 but I play death metal all the time on that channel with a ts9 and it's articulate and in a band setting cutting and brutal.

I'm using it with the matching cab.

Latest posts

')