EVH 5150 III 50W vs LBX 1 => which best for bedroom level ?

Max13

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I know the topic has already been discussed but interested if any recent feedback !

I'd like to go for an EVH 5150 III, but i read a lot of bad reviews on the lunchbox version (LBX 1). Seems that it's a struggle to find the sweetspot with the volume knob + the amp sounds too loud for an apartment.

Is the 50w version a better option ? I read that it sounds good at low volumes but i'm a bit skeptical on that (50w still...)

I've also heard about the LBX Stealth being great with the built in attenuator, but i'm more interested in the LBX 1 for the blue channel !

Also just to mention : i've got a torpedo attenuator (classic version not the X captor) so it could also help with the volume for both amps.

Honestly not a price subject i just want the best sound without disturbing too much the neighbours :)

Thanks !

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Werecow

Reaction score
50W all the way. It's the best amp for bedroom level by far i've ever used. I use mine right down to literally whispering levels, and it still sounds great. Go for the 50W 6L6 (non-stealth) if you're a blue channel lover.

profwoot

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I imagine either would be fine since you've got an attenuator, so just go with whichever has the features and makes the sounds (or is the size) you want.

')