EVH 5150 III 50W vs LBX 1 => which best for bedroom level ?

Max13

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I know the topic has already been discussed but interested if any recent feedback !

I'd like to go for an EVH 5150 III, but i read a lot of bad reviews on the lunchbox version (LBX 1). Seems that it's a struggle to find the sweetspot with the volume knob + the amp sounds too loud for an apartment.

Is the 50w version a better option ? I read that it sounds good at low volumes but i'm a bit skeptical on that (50w still...)

I've also heard about the LBX Stealth being great with the built in attenuator, but i'm more interested in the LBX 1 for the blue channel !

Also just to mention : i've got a torpedo attenuator (classic version not the X captor) so it could also help with the volume for both amps.

Honestly not a price subject i just want the best sound without disturbing too much the neighbours :)

Thanks !

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Werecow

Reaction score
50W all the way. It's the best amp for bedroom level by far i've ever used. I use mine right down to literally whispering levels, and it still sounds great. Go for the 50W 6L6 (non-stealth) if you're a blue channel lover.

profwoot

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I imagine either would be fine since you've got an attenuator, so just go with whichever has the features and makes the sounds (or is the size) you want.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
My current view is that an multiband EQ in the loop will solve most problems for the bedroom guitarist. You can boost some low-end to make it satisfying at low volumes and you have extra level control to get it actually quiet. YMMV, 2 cents.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
I've had the LBX and the stealth 50, and genuinely feel id pick the stealth any day of the week for bedroom use. Way more usable volumes if you ask me, and always have the wattage to crank when you want to.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
This is where i suggest a current gen modeller.

Latest posts

')