EVH 5150

• Thread starter Rusty_cooley702
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty_cooley702

Reaction score
i thought it was gonna be like 4 grand for the head
i still cant afford it but it cost less than a boogie head and since a lot of you have those im sure someone here can afford it at 1100 dollar for each the cab and th head

:spock:

The Grammar Fairy said:
Dearest Friends,

I was under the impression that the EVH 5150 Head would cost four thousand dollars. In light of new information, I have discovered that the price will actually be less than that of a Mesa Boogie. Unfortunately I still cannot afford it, however I am quite certain that there are many fine gentleman on this site who can. The cabinet and head are each one thousand and one hundred American dollars.

This literary adaptation brought to you by The Grammar Fairy: Deciphering What The Fuck You Are Actually Trying To Say since 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

OzzyC

:ubersquint:
Reaction score
Sorry, but I really don't understand where you're going with this. :scratch:

Open Wounds

Reaction score
i have a 5150 EVH boldface!!

i have JJ's tubes.

the high gain package at eurotubes is sick!
you can also get some pretty sweet mods for it too!
costs a lot less than a mesa and i like it the tone and sound alot better.
100% worth the investment.(and its vintage):agreed:

LordOVchaoS

NUDE MAN!
Forum MVP
Reaction score
i still cant afford it but it cost less than a boogie head and since a lot of you have those im sure someone here can afford it at 1100 dollar for each the cab and th head

ummm... the head is $2000, the cab is $1100.

That would be more expensive than a Boogie unless we're talking about the Road King or Roadster :agreed:

JMad81

Reaction score
ummm... the head is $2000, the cab is $1100.

That would be more expensive than a Boogie unless we're talking about the Road King or Roadster :agreed:

That seems ridiculously priced for an amp made in mexico by fender. I havent tried one though. It isnt like the old 5150 at all, is it?

ibznorange

Chief Officer/RHLC ©
Contributor
Reaction score
some people on here have them, but alot of the time, when people post about 5150s, they're talking about the peavey 5150, which became the 6505 after evh took the endorsement (including the 5150...name? trademark?) to fender. Nothing too important, but keep it in mind, you may or may not get alot of info on the peavey by accident.

umm, yeah, if you like it, go for it. or were you just expressing the fact that your interested in it? your post just reads in a really wierd way lol

warlock7strEMG

Reaction score
That seems ridiculously priced for an amp made in mexico by fender. I havent tried one though. It isnt like the old 5150 at all, is it?

its actually alot like the peavey 5150/6505's for the most part, or at least the approach is. it has a clean channel, a crunchy channel and an uber gain lead channel. they all sound really good, plus they all have independant EQ, presence, gain and volume controls. ive played on one a few times, once with the EVH frankenstrat and once with my warlock.

the clean channel is actually super clean, unlike the peavey, but breaks up a bit if you add some gain to it and play a bit harder, the crunch channel is very big and very plexi-like, and the lead channel sounds huge as well and has gain for days, more than enough to pull off any kinda metal, its just not super compressed like the peavey was; kinda reminds of a mix between a framus cobra and a bogner.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score

Yeah, I'm sure a lot of people here could afford it. I could, but I'm not going to buy one... because I don't want to be pennyless and I have absolutely zero reason to buy one. :shrug:

JMad81

Reaction score
some people on here have them, but alot of the time, when people post about 5150s, they're talking about the peavey 5150, which became the 6505 after evh took the endorsement (including the 5150...name? trademark?) to fender. Nothing too important, but keep it in mind, you may or may not get alot of info on the peavey by accident.

umm, yeah, if you like it, go for it. or were you just expressing the fact that your interested in it? your post just reads in a really wierd way lol

I never think of the peavey 5150 as an EVH head cause although it was his signature, its really only used by metal guys, and ive never liked Van Halen. Its an awesome amp though.

Crucified

Deathgrind Maniac
Reaction score
The grammar fairy was probably one of the funniest things I've read on this forum. I'm seriously, you guys.

Latest posts

')