Examples of Breakdowns before "core" bands.

• Thread starter Evil7
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Evil7

LowCrushingMetal
Reaction score
This is not a stab at core bands.. Im just curious to see many different examples of breakdowns before deathcore / hardcore ect...

Can anyone show me good examples of metal breakdowns in deathmetal? or another style?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I can't be bothered to look for them right now but I know of a couple Pantera, Slayer (hell, even Raining Blood) and Testament songs that feature "half time 'chugga chugga' parts" in them. Usually was your cue to go into a circle pit. :lol:

That said, I remember the modern version of the breakdown being more a product of NYC style hardcore. :2c:

Marv Attaxx

Reaction score
Jep, Slayer got a couple of 'em :yesway:
There's a cool breakdown in Korn's "somebody someone".
Almost every Gojira song.

adrock

long ball larry!
Reaction score
lots of pantera. I always venture to say that they invited the "breakdown" as we know it. but, that's just my opinion.

Richie666

Reaction score

:hbang:3:05 Suffo fans will know what I'm talking about just seeing the song title.

Exactly what i was thinking. Suffocation are the masters of breakdowns. They're so twisted, especially compared to all the generic breakdowns you usually hear.

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
There's one in raining blood. Also, Dying Fetus has a good amount, but they're hard to point out.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
I just love breakdowns in general. Whether it's Pantera, Suffocation, Emmure, Whitechapel, Sevendust, In Flames, etc. I don't care, I love heavy, groove-driven, palm muted riffs. I prefer breakdowns over solos, any day.

Should I prepare for flaming? Lol..

Hypothermia

Random Swede
Reaction score
I just love breakdowns in general. Whether it's Pantera, Suffocation, Emmure, Whitechapel, Sevendust, In Flames, etc. I don't care, I love heavy, groove-driven, palm muted riffs. I prefer breakdowns over solos, any day.

Yes, yes you should.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score

Not from me. :wavey:

Except for the solos part. Solos > breakdowns.

')