Execution Magazine: Free one year subscription

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HamBungler

Lord Zorgatron
Reaction score
I went ahead and subscribed, it looks pretty awesome, and they don't ask for any sort of credit info which is nice.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
same here, i signed up like a month or so ago.

Execution Mag

Reaction score
Hola, Execution Magazine here ~

We just crossed 3000 subs. We'd be further along, but detoured a few weeks to build materials for our sales guy. With those out of the way, we'll be working to get another 7,000 good subscribers. We're shooting for an April issue and should have no trouble hitting that.

Thanks to those of you that have signed up. If you haven't, please do and post a reply. It really is free and the people doing this are NOT corporate asshats. We're just metal dudes that play and have been wanting a magazine like this since we were 15 years old. Since no one else is going to do it, we'll do it ourselves. Fuck 'em.

And thanks to the original poster for starting this thread. We've avoided the whole message board spamming thing, so threads like this really help.

If anyone has ANY questions or comments, post a reply and we'll answer ~

And for what it's worth, I played a Conklin GrooveTools 7-string (the made in Korea ones) on my band's (The Living Fields) demo and album. Best $400 I ever spent on music gear :)

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I signed up, and spread the word to some of my friends. Best of luck with your project, I'm looking forward to start reading it (and inevitably being on the cover someday :metal:).

DDDorian

Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I run a zine myself. It's hardly as ambitious as the mag you're starting, but even so, it can be tough to provide a wide variety of content (especially when you have to review 20 albums that all blow, heh). How many pages are you looking at per issue? If ever you start distributing overseas, let us know!:yesway:

Execution Mag

Reaction score
I see we're getting a few more subs from this thread...excellent :)

For DDDorian and Skinhead, we definitely WANT to do international but we have to get our feet wet in the US first. Once have a couple issues under our belts, we'll go for international.

Aside from that, registering lets us know that non-US people want to the mag, so if you have time to sign up, please do. It WILL be noted ~

And in the meantime, we'll make a PDF copy of the mag available to anyone who registers. Hopefully that makes it worth taking a couple minutes to fill out a form...

DDDorian, what zine did you run? I've run Deadtide.com for about 8 years and know what you're talking about INTIMATELY. The fun part about Execution for me will be doing less band / album coverage and more gear / info stories. It'll be a nice change of pace :)

telecaster90

Smokestack Lightning
Contributor
Reaction score
I signed up a while ago for this, I'm totally looking foward to it. I just have to remember to change adresses when I go to college :yesway:

DDDorian

Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator
Reaction score
DDDorian, what zine did you run? I've run Deadtide.com for about 8 years and know what you're talking about INTIMATELY. The fun part about Execution for me will be doing less band / album coverage and more gear / info stories. It'll be a nice change of pace :)

Nothing you've heard of, I'm sure. I had/have a grind/metal/whatever-else-I-feel-like zine that I put out when I have the cash to print it; it's 32-48 A5 pages and I only print 200 copies or so each run and even THAT can be tedious to organise. I'm not one for self-promotion, so just know that if you ever come across a zine featuring Danny Devito erotic fanfiction it's probably mine:lol:

Anyway, this looks to be a great read so I hope you get the numbers you're looking for. If you ever decide you need an Aussie contributor for whatever reason, let me know:yesway:

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score
Nothing you've heard of, I'm sure. I had/have a grind/metal/whatever-else-I-feel-like zine that I put out when I have the cash to print it; it's 32-48 A5 pages and I only print 200 copies or so each run and even THAT can be tedious to organise. I'm not one for self-promotion, so just know that if you ever come across a zine featuring Danny Devito erotic fanfiction it's probably mine:lol:

Anyway, this looks to be a great read so I hope you get the numbers you're looking for. If you ever decide you need an Aussie contributor for whatever reason, let me know:yesway:

:eek:

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
it asked "sweden is known for _ metal bands" I put "melodic death" it said wrong :lol:

DDDorian

Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Haha, it's all tongue-in-cheek, of course... then again, whose cheeks?:scream:

:suckinfuckinandtruckin:

it asked "sweden is known for _ metal bands" I put "melodic death" it said wrong :lol:

Haha, I entered "Kreator, Destruction and Sodom are all *AWESOME* thrash bands", apparently someone at Execution has no taste:fawk:

')