Exotype (djent-dance?)

• Thread starter The Omega Cluster
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

-42-

Nothing to see here
Reaction score
This band is going to be the reason a nerdy white dude buys his first pair of mirrored Ray Bans.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
Holy crap, lol...

Listen to this FellSilent song at 3:22:

Now Listen to this Exotype intro riff:

Was that...literally copy/pasted with the pitched altered? Someone has some explaining to do. :eek: :lol:

Sounds like something that anyone could come up with without hearing each other. Three notes is not much.

no_dice

a very bad old bear
Reaction score
I thought you guys were being a little rough on this band until I realized dude bumped 4 different threads to say the same thing. Spamming isn't cool. Fire away.

SteveADVAITA

Vocalist of Exotype
Reaction score
I thought you guys were being a little rough on this band until I realized dude bumped 4 different threads to say the same thing. Spamming isn't cool. Fire away.

Wasnt trying to spam, man. Just keeping involved is all. Spam would be me posting for people to check out my band in every thread. Nor am i trying to defend my band. Im simply acknowledging what people are saying and thanking them for listening. So yes, fire away.

no_dice

a very bad old bear
Reaction score
Wasnt trying to spam, man. Just keeping involved is all. Spam would be me posting for people to check out my band in every thread. Nor am i trying to defend my band. Im simply acknowledging what people are saying and thanking them for listening. So yes, fire away.

Your post in the one thread was fine, asking people to give your band another chance, but to go in three more threads (especially considering there were already two threads made about your band) and be like 'Hey, check out my band' is definitely considered spamming around here. I'm not trying to be a dick, just saying.

SteveADVAITA

Vocalist of Exotype
Reaction score
Your post in the one thread was fine, asking people to give your band another chance, but to go in three more threads (especially considering there were already two threads made about your band) and be like 'Hey, check out my band' is definitely considered spamming around here. I'm not trying to be a dick, just saying.

Ahhh okay. Well sorry man i wasnt trying to spam at all. it just seemed like a relevant thread. Anyways thanks for checking us out ill leave you alone

Señor Voorhees

Reaction score
I tend not to care what the artists were thinking when they make their music. They could be yolo-swag frat bastards just trying to capitalize on current trends, and if I think the music is good then I'll listen to it. That said, I didn't get the yolo-swag frat vibe from this.

I rather liked it, but it has room for improvement. That snare is a serious buzzkill, as are the drums overall. Sounds way too fake to me. I like the vocals, regardless of lyrical subject matter, though. Guitars are nothing special, but they don't detract from the music, though I noticed in some of the other songs on bandcamp, the guitars sound like they're clipping throughout.

I figure it's a little weird coming into a thread about your band, especially a month after the last post, and telling people it's okay to dislike your music. While I do like that you're able to accept and not just berate people who have bad things to say about your music, I find it a little unnecessary that you make sure people know that it isn't bumming you out. If you guys enjoy doing your thing, then keep at it... You have fans, and that's great. Just don't create an account for the soul purpose of "defending" your band. (I put "defending" in quotes since it wasn't the typical "shut up guys, I'd like to see you do better" kind of shit that I hate.) Do what you like, and fvck what other people have to say about it. This is the best way to be a musician, I think.

SteveADVAITA

Vocalist of Exotype
Reaction score
Señor Voorhees;3767419 said:
I tend not to care what the artists were thinking when they make their music. They could be yolo-swag frat bastards just trying to capitalize on current trends, and if I think the music is good then I'll listen to it. That said, I didn't get the yolo-swag frat vibe from this.

I rather liked it, but it has room for improvement. That snare is a serious buzzkill, as are the drums overall. Sounds way too fake to me. I like the vocals, regardless of lyrical subject matter, though. Guitars are nothing special, but they don't detract from the music, though I noticed in some of the other songs on bandcamp, the guitars sound like they're clipping throughout.

I figure it's a little weird coming into a thread about your band, especially a month after the last post, and telling people it's okay to dislike your music. While I do like that you're able to accept and not just berate people who have bad things to say about your music, I find it a little unnecessary that you make sure people know that it isn't bumming you out. If you guys enjoy doing your thing, then keep at it... You have fans, and that's great. Just don't create an account for the soul purpose of "defending" your band. (I put "defending" in quotes since it wasn't the typical "shut up guys, I'd like to see you do better" kind of shit that I hate.) Do what you like, and fvck what other people have to say about it. This is the best way to be a musician, I think.

Hey. I've actually had an account for some time. I just never really posted that much. I made some posts showing people my other band The Advaita Concept about 2-3 years ago. I came back here and out of curiosity I looked to see if Exotype was being talked about and I saw the threads! I wasnt trying to let anyone know that not liking our music didn't bother us. Of course I want people to like our music. The reason for my posting was more to encourage those who don't particularly care for it to keep us in their peripherals. We like to mesh many different influences into our music and we hope to win over anyone we can, be-it with one song or an entire album. No matter what we create, we will love it because it's ours. We hope that there ends up being a little something for everyone on our upcoming releases. People disliking our music isn't a bad thing. I would rather someone dislike it than to have never heard it at all. As long as we are on the listeners radar, we have the opportunity to shape the perception of us.

Seriously, thank you all for your opinions and critiques. I agree, our snare could definitely use some work. You can bet your asses that our next track won't have a bunk snare. :D

As for the seemingly blatant Hacktivist lyric rip...yeahhhhh that was one of those instances of deeply embedded lyrical seeds. I must have listened to Hacktivist too much while I was sleeping or something. TOTALLY by accident. As for the Fellsilent note progression, ehhh those are some pretty common notes that share a very popular scale. You can probably find that note progression anywhere if you look hard enough.

Love you guys <3

Opion

Sir Mattafer
Reaction score
I have this thing on this forum where I refuse to talk negatively towards anyone because I just love this place/the people that frequent it too much...maybe the whole "if you have nothing bad to say..." mantra sums it up nicely. That said, I don't really care for this band too much, maybe because I just didn't try listening to them until this thread, and I didn't really like it. So what? There's tons of metal I don't like, not losing sleep over it :lol:

Anyway Steve - I love Advaita Concept, I remember I think talking to your guitarist on Myspace when y'all were still starting out. Are they still active? It looks as if you're putting in most of your time into this band, which I can't fault you for 'cause you seem like you really enjoy it. You have a clear vision and you aren't looking to start a fight, so kudos to you for taking the criticism the right way :yesway:

Señor Voorhees

Reaction score
shitsøn;3767513 said:
:ugh:

Not sure if serious.

I could be more specific and say that I think the tone could be improved but I like the rhythm of it. I tend to like simple rhythm, or simple music in general. Ain't a thing wrong with that. To each their own and all that jazz. Initially I was going to pass this thread over altogether, but I felt the band/song needed a little more praise. I genuinely like the song, I might as well let the guy know that. :D

Grandma

Desk Jockey
Reaction score
Autoplay upon landing on the band's website...are you ....ing kidding me? Turn that shit off. Please, never, ever have a track autoplay on landing. :nono:

drjeffreyodweyer

Reaction score
clint-eastwood-cannot-unsee-what-has-been-seen-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-174.gif

')