Expecting my Eventide Pitchfactor tomorrow!

Richardscuro

Reaction score
I know there is a lot of interest in the Pitchfactor so I wanted to let you guys know that I bought mine from American Musical Supply on Friday and I am expecting to get it tomorrow. I will let you know what I think of it as soon as a I get a chance to sit down with it. (hopefully tomorrow night!) The manual is also up online at the Eventide website.:hbang:

I have to thank you guys because I learned about this coming out about a month ago from sevenstring.org.

You guys are the best!:bowdown:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

troyguitar

Reaction score
Whoa I didn't realize it had come out already.

Do you guys know if it outputs at line level like most rack stuff or instrument level like most pedals?

march

Reaction score
I'll have to thank you in turn as I missed that previous post about it.

I have been looking high and low for a cheaper alternative to the higher end eventide-quality type of gear, to use as a pedal with my tube heads, to replicate that huge EVH pitch detune sound, which is featured as a MicroPitch effect on this one ... !!! :yesway:

The GAS generated by this forum just destroys my budget month after month :rolleyes:

Richardscuro

Reaction score
Whoa I didn't realize it had come out already.

Do you guys know if it outputs at line level like most rack stuff or instrument level like most pedals?

It can do either. There are switches to select which input and output you need.

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
i love Eventide's Factor pedals, their god damn amazing for the sound and what they do, and the price, sadly can't afford right now, must buy car.

Richardscuro

Reaction score
Okay played with it for about an hour and a half and I am very impressed. The harmonizer tracks VERY well. I use to own a Rocktron Intellapitch and the Pitchfactor blows that away in terms of speed and tracking accuracy.The diatonic pitchshifting sounds awesome and the crystals effect is killer. It has a couple of great chorus effects as well. Overall, it is one of the most impressive pieces of equipment I have picked up in a long time.

Now the bad. It takes a while to figure out how to navigate the pedal and get to the different settings. When I got it out. Only the first 20 prestes were available to try. I actually had to go in and tell the pedal to let me access the other 80 patches. Also, an expression pedal would be good to have on hand because most of the factory presets are designed to be used with one.I also am not quite happy with the mix of effect vs direct signal I am getting currently but I am sure I will get the mix I want with a little more time with the unit.

Overall, I think that this is an awesome unit. Just be prepared for a little bit of a learning curve.

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
Okay played with it for about an hour and a half and I am very impressed. The harmonizer tracks VERY well. I use to own a Rocktron Intellapitch and the Pitchfactor blows that away in terms of speed and tracking accuracy.The diatonic pitchshifting sounds awesome and the crystals effect is killer. It has a couple of great chorus effects as well. Overall, it is one of the most impressive pieces of equipment I have picked up in a long time.

Now the bad. It takes a while to figure out how to navigate the pedal and get to the different settings. When I got it out. Only the first 20 prestes were available to try. I actually had to go in and tell the pedal to let me access the other 80 patches. Also, an expression pedal would be good to have on hand because most of the factory presets are designed to be used with one.I also am not quite happy with the mix of effect vs direct signal I am getting currently but I am sure I will get the mix I want with a little more time with the unit.

Overall, I think that this is an awesome unit. Just be prepared for a little bit of a learning curve.

Most great shit has a learning curve associated with it. :agreed: Does it have a software navigator like Line 6 Gearbox associated with it? I know you can access infinite presets through the computer. I can't wait for mine. :mrburns:

Richardscuro

Reaction score
Most great shit has a learning curve associated with it. :agreed: Does it have a software navigator like Line 6 Gearbox associated with it? I know you can access infinite presets through the computer. I can't wait for mine. :mrburns:

Unfortunately, it does not have a software navigator like GearBox. But they supposedly have a preset sharing area on their website. I haven't checked it out. But I thought everyone would like to see what one of the Eventide Engineers had to say about the Pitchfactor's tracking abilities on the Eventide forum.

"Hi Guys, All the algs in PitchFactor handle guitar chords pretty well except Synthonizer which is a mono-synth and Octaver which is based on old school analog octavers which are by definition monophonic. The one caveat is that complex chords can sometimes confuse the pitch tracking in Diatonic and Quadravox. It works pretty well for most common chords, but if your trying to screw it up, you can. The best solution for this is to use HarModulator or PitchFlex which can be explicitly set to a given interval (eg. m3rd, M3rd, ...). We did a fair amount of work improving the pitch tracking for this product and are currently porting that to the H8000 and Eclipse. It would be fair to say this product has the best pitch tracking of anything we've ever released."
Dan Gillespie
Sr. DSP Engineer

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
:bump:

Alright, I gots mine tonight. Haven't had much time to play around with it, but (after getting it setup to work with the X3 Pro) my first impression is :eek:!!! The sound is awesome, identical to what you hear on any given album employing anything Eventide Harmonizer. The demos online don't do it the least bit of justice. Blows the knobs off the DigiTech unit I tried a few months back. :agreed:

The tracking is flawless, and bends don't throw it off. All the effects are definitely usable, the arpeggiator options abound, crystals is cool a fuck, and the suboctave synthesizer is massive and clear sounding. If you're in the type of band that has the bass simply doubles the guitar parts and octave down, yeah... you can pretty much fire him. :lol: There's a lot of unexplored territory here, there's just so much depth with the parameters. I'm off to cop some of the harmonies from S.T.'s Art Of Rebellion album. :shred:

Richardscuro

Reaction score
Those were my feelings exactly! The harmonizing is just breath taking. I brought it into record with my other guitarist and his jaw was on the floor all night. He could not believe how amazing it sounded. I'm glad to hear your happy with it.

')