Experience PRS - Dweezil Zappa Interview: Making a Custom PRS

• Thread starter Xiphos68
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good. Very good. Like, a freshly baked pumpkin pie vs. a diarrhea-and-sheetrock-screw pie.

White Cluster

Gives Life Meaning
Reaction score
I would kill kittens to have access to their wood stash.
Really.Just bash their cute furry skulls in.:shannon:

Ryan-ZenGtr-

Reaction score
I used to have some PRS guitars. shame they don't do Floyd Roses and ***shame*** they don't do 7 strings!!!

The guitarist from BioMechanical got the custom shop to make a 7 floyd rose PRS Custom 24, but I won't pay a premium for that when I have a good, ol' Ibanez Universe. Still, jealous of the PRS custom though!

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Great vid, thanks for sharing :)

I used to have some PRS guitars. shame they don't do Floyd Roses and ***shame*** they don't do 7 strings!!!

The guitarist from BioMechanical got the custom shop to make a 7 floyd rose PRS Custom 24, but I won't pay a premium for that when I have a good, ol' Ibanez Universe. Still, jealous of the PRS custom though!

Coming soon :

prssetorero.jpg

Cancer

Gazzmask
Reaction score
Great vid, thanks for sharing :)
Coming soon :

prssetorero.jpg

Ok so I guess I can talk about this....

I got to play a prototype of this the night Moldy arrived, and I have to tell you, this things RULES, and I'm not a PRS guy by any means. According to the source (who will remain anonymous) this is PRS's new "platform" for their series of Ibanez killers, and their is talk of "maybe" making a 7 string version, perhaps with even a 26.5 or 27 scale (since it's made in the same factory as the Schecters). If PRS does this, I'm switching, because the 6 string I played lit up my hands like nothing I've played in a while. Granted the prototype had some issues (low fret height, control placement, and a slight buzz in the truss) by my source assured me that these were known issues that were being rectified for the production model (like I believe the production model with have 6100's, as opposed to the low-wides on the prototype).

Necrophagist777

can't bend....
Reaction score
I think it would be really awesome if PRS made something similar to a John Petrucci Sig. 7 String, Passives, Vintage Trem, Piezo, Classy Looks. I would be soooo down for that! By any means PRS are some of my favs and that torero looks amazing!

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Ok so I guess I can talk about this....

I got to play a prototype of this the night Moldy arrived, and I have to tell you, this things RULES, and I'm not a PRS guy by any means. According to the source (who will remain anonymous) this is PRS's new "platform" for their series of Ibanez killers, and their is talk of "maybe" making a 7 string version, perhaps with even a 26.5 or 27 scale (since it's made in the same factory as the Schecters). If PRS does this, I'm switching, because the 6 string I played lit up my hands like nothing I've played in a while. Granted the prototype had some issues (low fret height, control placement, and a slight buzz in the truss) by my source assured me that these were known issues that were being rectified for the production model (like I believe the production model with have 6100's, as opposed to the low-wides on the prototype).

Ah dude sweet, if PRS bring out a 7 my Ibanez fanboyness will be questioned. Thanks for this news.

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meanwhile, Jigaboo Jones is sitting in the back room making a guitar out of his mother-in-law's skin for Bootsy Collins. Or something to that effect, I wasn't really paying attention.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Good. Very good. Like, a freshly baked pumpkin pie vs. a diarrhea-and-sheetrock-screw pie.

Comparison of the year. :rofl:

I've always wanted a PRS 7 and the Agile Hawker just isn't really doing it for me.

Cancer

Gazzmask
Reaction score
'Course I want to say here, for the reocrd, that I could a diehard Agile fanboi if the Interceptors switched over to OFR and passive sized Blackouts.

')