Explorer Thrash test. S2.0/LE456/Catharsis

• Thread starter IconW
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

IconW

Reaction score
Hello there my fellow beings!

so I got two new guitars yesterday and wanted to test my Explorer (copy) in some mixes. Damn I love this guitar! Rather short scale (24 3/4) suits perfectly for some thrash and death metal played in B. It's a lot easier to play than my old superstrat. Strings are a lot lower. My old guitar is a bit flawed. The strings are too high even if you adjust the bridge on it's lowest position. Very annoying...
Well the Explorer shaped 7-string is my long time dream and when I got it, I instantly fell in love with it. Allthought the Shape is very unpractical and tricky. Atleast it's comfort to play on your lap. But damn it plays and looks good! :yesway:

Gotta change those pick-ups some day, but those don't sound so bad as I feared. In this guitar these pups' sound a lot better than in my other guitar (S2) that got *same* pups. Pick-ups are some no-name humbuckers.

Here's more info and pics:
http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/sevenstring-guitars/115084-double-ngd-chance-to-try-your-56k.html

Anyway. Here's quick (and sloppy) mixtest:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1008348/Thrash3.mp3

:D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Valserp

Only plays 1 string
Reaction score
Can't say I like how the short scale impacts the low B, but you did a damn good job tightening her up. The gain is nice and high, aswell :D

Awesome snare. I'd personally back the cymballs off just sliiiiiiightly, to give more room for the rest of the things in the mix. Might be the crappy speakers I'm using tho... nighttime - can't use the big ones :lol:

Thrash! :hbang:

Th3 Beyond

Reaction score
Sounds pretty good.

I did notice the guitars sounded overpowered by something (probably the cymbals) i had to lean foreword to make out what was going on with the riffage.

Somethings stealing ur guitar frequencies.

IconW

Reaction score
Can't say I like how the short scale impacts the low B, but you did a damn good job tightening her up. The gain is nice and high, aswell :D

Awesome snare. I'd personally back the cymballs off just sliiiiiiightly, to give more room for the rest of the things in the mix. Might be the crappy speakers I'm using tho... nighttime - can't use the big ones :lol:

Thrash! :hbang:

Thanks a lot! The guitars highs are pain in the arse. Cymbals are really hard to mix IMO. And I noticed (as someone told too [Beyond]) the whole mix is eating everything. I might say it isn't stable. :squint:
Harhar! But thank you! :hbang:

Sounds pretty good.

I did notice the guitars sounded overpowered by something (probably the cymbals) i had to lean foreword to make out what was going on with the riffage.

Somethings stealing ur guitar frequencies.

Yep, the cymbals steal a lot. And I guess it's because of my "mastering". Everything is too loud and limiter shouts "Hosanna" to my face! :lol:
Yeah anyway gotta mix different/and get new pups! :spock:

Thanks for the feedback!

')