Explorers.....

• Thread starter Dawn of the Shred
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dawn of the Shred

Member Since 2012
Reaction score
Just wondered if i was the only fan of them. Dont see much about them on the forum. Any other owners here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Modest

nuke dropping
Reaction score
I played a couple show's with a friends.
I have no clue what it was, but the thing was from the late 80's.

it had a tiny neck on it, white, some humbucks, and marijuana decals between the frets.
It' played and sounded pretty good...
We treated it like shit. :/

Dan_Vacant

Reaction score
I love explorers but I don't have much money so I don't have one but I plan on getting a Japanese one like a Tokai, Edwards or something like that.

Beowulf Von Thrashmeister

Reaction score
I`m the proud owner of a 1991 cherry 1976 re-issue Gibson Explorer, it was the first proper guitar I bought when I was 20, which was early 1992 !!!. :)

I definatly reccomend one of these awesome guitars, the necks are incredible and the sound huge, and ideal for those Bay Area Thrash moments in your playing !!!. :)

One day I shall get round to posting pics of my guitars here, when I finally get the time !!!. :)

Mine looks just like the one in the pic below ...

DSXRCHCH-Finish-Shot-jpg.aspx

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I love them.

I want one of the older lawsuit ESP or LTD ones. And the old Gibson Explorer 90's. The Scorpions fanboy in me wants one so badly. :lol:

Or I will probably find a used Gibby or Epi and have some fun with the pickguard.

Don Vito

Reaction score
Favorite guitar. Favorite shape.

I don't have money for a Gibson or even an Edwards, so I might check out those new-ish Epiphone 1984 Explorers. Every Gibson Explorer I've played has been incredible.

They make you feel like such a badass for some reason. The ESP/LTD EX series is also really good, although the shape had to grow on me.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Even though I hated them for a good while, I'm starting to get a liking for the ESP EX shape.

And I'm kind of a sucker for the diamond-plated Explorers. :p

esp_ltd_ex_351d_guitar_in_black_with_84988lar.jpg

Also, Ibanez Destroyers. :wub:

_c971144_image_0.jpg

I know it's the X-series one everyone loves to hate, but dammit, I still want it. :lol:

Reaction score
Ignore my retarded metal face and focus on my lovely gibby which I happen to love very very much. Done a good bit of work to it, I dont plan on letting this one go :hbang:

RockingLondon.jpg

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I'm not a great photographer (especially when it comes to reds), but I am a sucker for explorers:

6927875356_e0313fa5c7_b.jpg

Blue1970Cutlass

emberwolfmusic.com
Reaction score
Love the shape!

Don't own an actual Explorer per se, but do have an Ibanez Destroyer and a Jackson Kelly

')