Extended range guitar

• Thread starter DeadPool2099
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DeadPool2099

Reaction score
I have been thinking of getting a new guitar, but I can't decide what I want. I know I want an extended range guitar or a Baritone 6-string. I already own a Ibanez RG 7-string and experiment with different tunings all the time. Mainly lower tunings . I'm wanting a guitar that has more scale length. So I have been looking at Agile guitars for quite a awhile now. Since they are affordable. I can't really shell out too much money for a new guitar. I am looking to spend between $200-$400 on a new guitar.

If you guys had the option of getting a new guitar would you guys suggest getting an Agile? I keep looking at their Baritone guitars 6,7, and 8 strings and they all look good to me. Yet I am the type of guy that needs to play a guitar in person I usually don't order gear online. Do any of you guys own Agile guitars are they worth the investment?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
In that price range you're not going to find better than Agile, even for a bit more they'd be a great option.

Quality wise, they're nothing absolutely amazing, but the features and options at that price point as well as the customer service and returns are just about unbeatable.

I've owned just over a dozen Agiles now and will choose them just about any day over comparably priced non-used offerings from Ibanez, Schecter, or LTD.

If you had closer to $1k to spend things would be different though.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Second hand 7421XL, or is it 7321XL?

You're thinking RG7421XL, which are great guitars, but good luck finding one in solid shape for that budget, especially one that won't need some more cash for upgrades or repairs.

That said, if you find one, and it looks good, grab it!

DeadPool2099

Reaction score
I played a Danelectro Baritone at guitar center the other day. I really liked the sound of it. I am wanting a baritone to play country, surf rock, rockabilly stuff with. Also just something to compliment my 7-string guitar and 5-string bass when recording. I know the 7-string is the same tuning basically B E A D G B E. Which is what I need for metal and other styles of music in standard tuning and for leads. A Baritone tuned to B E A D F#B just has a different timbre to it, because of the scale length.

I really thought I wanted an 8-string guitar to play its pretty low at F#. It sounded fine when I played one and tried it out. Yet it didn't quite do it for me. The neck just felt too big i kinda have small hands. Plus the lowest I tune my 7-string is to Drop G or G# standard on a 25.5 scale. So with my next couple of pay checks I might get a Baritone 6-string and Baritone 7-string. And eventually a Ibanez RG 450DX I used to be a shred guy that loves Neo-Classical Metal practicing harmonic minor, Diminished scales constantly. I still dig leads and technical stuff, like Scale the summit.

LichGuitar

Reaction score
Could always try a Jackson JS22-7.
they are pretty inexpensive and its a 26.5" scale length. seems to be pretty decent from what ive read.

Vrollin

Reaction score
Gunna throw my usual suggestion out there too used Ibanez MMM1, they keep popping up within your budget in the states....

')