Extra Long Scale Single Strings? Where to get them?

• Thread starter Daevasmodeus
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Daevasmodeus

Reaction score
I've been trying to find extra long scale single bass strings because I want to tune my 35' scale 6 string bass down a step to ADGCFA. None of the major string manufacturers seem to offer a wide enough selection of extra long scale strings to make a custom set for a 6 string. I've checked JustStrings but wasn't able to find anything on there.

Is there a company that offers a wide selection of extra long scale strings that I am missing, or do I just have to order from a boutique string maker like octave4plus?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

knuckle_head

Reaction score
I've been trying to find extra long scale single bass strings because I want to tune my 35' scale 6 string bass down a step to ADGCFA. None of the major string manufacturers seem to offer a wide enough selection of extra long scale strings to make a custom set for a 6 string. I've checked JustStrings but wasn't able to find anything on there.

Is there a company that offers a wide selection of extra long scale strings that I am missing, or do I just have to order from a boutique string maker like octave4plus?

Do you mount strings through your body or do you bridge-mount your strings?

If you bridge mount I have 6 sets that will serve - it will be a matter of picking your preference.

I make/sell the Circle Ks.

XylemBassGuitar

Owner, Xylem Guitars
Reaction score
Rotosound has a pretty wide selection of longer length strings too. You can usually get one of their reps on the phone, describe what you need, and they'll let you know which sets (or individual strings) to get.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
D'addario website or other dealers - get the part number on D'addario and it's easy to google shop for them :)

')