Extreme modding RG8 RNHD III + nut info

• Thread starter Ron Head
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

slowro

Drunken Scot
Reaction score
What model is the lundgren pickup?
That floyd looks factory fitted, really good tech you have!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Head

keep calm raise hell
Reaction score
some pics with the progress , nut installed , working on the pickguard mirror style now ( gonna ditch the monkeygrip plan btw ... )

IMG_1112_zpsddfef218.jpg

IMG_1115_zps24001c60.jpg

IMG_1116_zpsa2360cf1.jpg

IMG_1117_zpsaa6b4700.jpg

IMG_1113_zps58679ab1.jpg

:hbang:
____:agreed:

Neilzord

.Metal.
Reaction score
As Said awesome mods / work!!

How long did the initial set-up take on that!!!!!????

Ron Head

keep calm raise hell
Reaction score
...Damn do kahler's have huge NUTS.

yeah , and i've seen some brands actually installed them , while one can clearly see that those first frets are not playable anymore ; outerstrings totally on the edge of the neck ...

:shred:

Ron Head

keep calm raise hell
Reaction score
.. How long did the initial set-up take on that!!!!!????

my luthier gets it done in a day , but they also run the shop , so it depends on how busy it is on such day , most times i'd just dropped it off and took it a week later again ..

the nut job is about 1,5 hour , the floyd however needs some first preperations , like building the template first ( that ofcourse is a win with the next guitar ofcourse ) , the electrics i could have done myself , but they go in after the floyd and since i had to wait anyway ...

and there's the gathering of all these hardwares ofcourse ; for example i am waiting to place a new order at floyd for a golden one , but they're 'temp unavailable' , sop , that might take months to get stuff and these locking-nuts take about 2 months to arrive from japan ..

charlessalvacion

Reaction score
Awesome guitar you have there Sir!

How is the tuning stability of the Floyd 8? I do have Floyd 7s but I want to explore 8strings (with a floyd) hehe. I am just hesitant because of the stability of the Floyd 8 bridge.

What gauge do you have in there? Thanks in advance. :hbang:

Ron Head

keep calm raise hell
Reaction score
Awesome guitar you have there Sir!

How is the tuning stability of the Floyd 8? I do have Floyd 7s but I want to explore 8strings (with a floyd) hehe. I am just hesitant because of the stability of the Floyd 8 bridge.

What gauge do you have in there? Thanks in advance. :hbang:

this one is my favorite guitar to play at the moment - a while now ..., not only for the Floyd , but also it has all kinds of personal experiences for preferences build into it ..

and the Floyd is actually pretty awesome ! even with some xtreme diving it stays tuned ; there are 4 springs in it AND a locking nut ( seperate one from Ibanez parts ; the included one in the set is 1,5 mm to small ..)

tuned to E-B-E-A-D-G-B-E with resp .76.62.46.36.26.17.13.10

however i'm gona use and test excessivly this set from CK :
.079 .059 .043 .033 .024 .018p .014p .010p , most likely on the current project my TAM10 with Floyd

Ram150023

NutzKustoms
Reaction score
I sincerely apologize for the MASSIVE necro bump... Don't beat the shizz outta me :lol:

But I am confused as to a locking nut for an RG8...

Are the pics in the beginning (with part numbers) a good lead? I need to purchase here in the short future and I am striking out due to the width (2.165" / 55mm)

Any help is much appreciated and awesome looking RG8 btw

')