EZ Drummer vs. Addictive Drums?

The Mighty Sunfish

Reaction score
So I just recently got my copy of EZ Drummer 2 with the Made of Metal Expansion. I really love the results and it's inspired me to write a lot of new stuff. Check out my demo if you can :

Made of Metal EZ Drummer 2 - Demo - YouTube

But i heard Addictive was offering (for the same price) the software itself and 4 expansions of your choosing.

Did I just make a mistake? O_O

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

punisher911

blah blah blah
Reaction score
Not sure. I've been using Addictive drums 1. I bought AD2, but don't really like the interface or the beats. So I've been using the beats from AD1 and sometimes the drum sounds from AD2. I have EZDrummer which I haven't really liked at all. However, with the popularity of EZ2, I'm thinking of trying it as the upgrade will only cost me $99.

theprimer

Reaction score
Ezdrummer for sure, I used AD for a few years, and after switching, never going back. They sound so much more natural, although it really depends on the genre, AD has a lot of different sounds for electronic music, but for standard use EZ all the way!

KristapsCoCoo

Reaction score
Never tried AD, but EZ2 really stepped up the game! I could never get anything decent out of EZ1, but 2 is a whole different story... Altough I'll try Superior Drummer soon since I picked up laptop that's capable of running it.

But as far as quick and good drum sound - EZ2 is great!

PlumbTheDerps

Reaction score
Every time I've ever heard Addictive Drums, it's sounded mediocre at best and godawful at worst. I know zero knowledgeable people who use it even for demos, and I also know of zero knowledgeable people who have ever switched from Toontrack to AD. There's a reason Toontrack is the industry standard. :) If you want some more variation, other than buying Superior (which has some awesome features that are totally worth the upgrade price, plus a monstrous default kit), try the Metal Machine EZX. More pre-processed and tighter than Made of Metal, but equally as great.

punisher911

blah blah blah
Reaction score
Don't remember what exp I got with my AD2 upgrade...A metal one, and two others that I can't remember. Don't really use it much. I use AD1. Sounds better to me. Like I said earlier though, I will most likely get upgrading my EZ1 to EZ2 though.

')