EZ Drummer

• Thread starter muffgoat
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cddragon

Pastor Of Muppets
Reaction score
Personally, EZdrummer sucks..
It´s far from being realistic and it really sounds like a machine.
I would recommend anyone to check out XLN Audio Addictive Drums.
It´s really one of the best VST drums in my opinion.

Also Superior Drummer 2.0 is great, it has more dynamics, everything is configurable and the sound it produces is very realistic (Bulb uses it too :D )

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Anton

Death Squad
Reaction score
Newb question here: Well I'm writing a lot of music,and I need to make some drum beats every now and again :D, and i'm looking for a program that is easy to use and sounds so everybody keeps telling me about this EZdrummer thing.
I wanted to know, what do i need for it? like Cubase\Pro-Tools except that do i need anything else? and how does it work? do you have like built in patterns or you builed everything from scratch?

Thanks a lot!

chaosxcomplex

Reaction score
Guys, I was tryung to run Ezdrummer through Cubase LE 4 but I don´t even know how to load the plugin. Is there any tutorial online?

for cubase 4 you just have to make sure that you move the .dll file to the same location as the other plugins in cubase a file called VSTplugins. once you do that open a new session, add a track and when you choose what kind of track it should say instrument or something along those lines. then just choose ezdrummer. to open up the interface make sure you have the channel info up and there is a little thing towards the left that looks like some keys from a piano, click it and itll turn yellow, and ezdrummer should pop up. just let it load and there you go. hope that helps
I dont know how to do all the screen shot stuff, which would make this easier to explain/understand...

ADAMAKAGORE

Reaction score
I finally found the easiest software to run ezdrummer for a noob like me...Reaper...And it´s for free...

estabon37

Melodica Attack!
Reaction score
Newb question here: Well I'm writing a lot of music,and I need to make some drum beats every now and again :D, and i'm looking for a program that is easy to use and sounds so everybody keeps telling me about this EZdrummer thing.
I wanted to know, what do i need for it? like Cubase\Pro-Tools except that do i need anything else? and how does it work? do you have like built in patterns or you builed everything from scratch?

Thanks a lot!

- I use/used it thru Cubase (SE - a very shitty version, but still works fine).

- You have to use a host Digital Audio Workstation (Cubase/Protools/Whatever, there's others - check compatibility lists).

- You have to be able to either edit Midi within that workstation (apparently Cubase does it better, but that latest version of Protools has stepped up in this field I'm told), or have another program for writing midi (I use Guitar Pro's "Percussion" section to write my drums tracks. Just punch the relevant numbered "notes" into a midi program then export it as a midi and open it in Cubase).

I upgraded from EZDrummer to Superior 2.0. If you see people refer to Drumkit From Hell Superior as a seperate program, it's because it used to be. Now it is only sold as an expansion to EZD/S2.0. I find S2.0 much more versatile with more natural sounds than EZD - but it's a much larger program! You really need to have at least 2 gig of RAM on your PC to be able to load the sample libraries in S2.0 - EZD only needed access to about 300MB RAM as opposed to the 900 I usually face with S2.0

Is this too much information or not enough? Sorry for all the (parenthesis [fuck!]).