F#BEADG tuning

• Thread starter lelahel
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
A Dingwall Combustion with 37" low end is the best option but any 35" good bass will do if you use a set of 182 or 190 gauge strings from Circle K :) Make sure it has a top loading bridge, not string thru.

Durero

prototyping...
Contributor
Reaction score
+1
What EE said :agreed:

Ibanez BTB is a popular 35" scale model but if you can afford a Dingwall that's the best option by far.

Orgalmer

Chuggasaurus Rex
Reaction score
An Ibanez BTB775 will do the trick nicely. Electronics aren't bad too, you could upgrade them to get better sound if you wanted. 35" scale, wide spacing and a big body mean it works well in dropped tunings.

Here's a pic of a BTB676, one level below. I'm pretty sure Beneath The Massacre's bass player uses this exact bass. I have the pee-yellow 776 version of this.

http://basscentre.com.au/uploadedFiles/1318034370427-8406.jpg

lelahel

Reaction score
thanks for ur help
i'll look for an ibanez first :p (the dingwall seems to be great but very expensive!!)
and which strings gauge and brand do you recommend?

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
Definitely Circle K strings, .182 or .190 gauge 6 string balanced set for 34-35" scale lengths. Just watch out for string thru body as such a string wont work on those.

Durero

prototyping...
Contributor
Reaction score
Try contacting them directly - their site might not have all the shipping options listed.

lelahel

Reaction score
yes just contacted them, maybe they are in this forum?

LordCashew

Death Punch for Cutie
Reaction score
I you can get Peavey in your area try to find a used USA Cirrus. They are 35" scale and have super rigid necks and top-loading bridges. Mine holds a decent low A with a .128, so F# should be no problem with the right strings. It has a very defined, hi-fi tone which sounds really clear on low notes too!

ZEBOV

Banned
Reaction score
I use a .174 for low F and F#. Just my two cents.

EDIT: That's on a 35.25" scale with a Circle K balanced set. Honestly, it was a little too much tension for me, and just tuned it down to FADGCF. Perfect for my tastes. Low E is a little too low for me, and I had used ADGCF for 6 years straight before getting my 6 string Carvin. For alternate tunings, I used a capo for higher keys. I hardly played lower than that until I strung my 5 string for low F and F#.

lelahel

Reaction score
thanks a lot for your great help
for the album tha im recording i used a 34" scale lenght BEADG on bass and F#BEADGBE on guitar, i played the lows one octave higher on bass
sounds different
for next album i'll go for a F#BEADG on bass

Udolf

Reaction score
Check the seven-string Warwick Thumb bass. Today I've found pics of Jereon Paul Thesseling's
new instrument. In shock O,O

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Reaction score
Check into LTD-B416, 1006, or even 206. They all should have the 35" scale length and the string spacing is much tighter than on an ibby, which I like a ton better honestly. Not saying anything is wrong with the ibbys but its just preferences.

lelahel

Reaction score
Check into LTD-B416, 1006, or even 206. They all should have the 35" scale length and the string spacing is much tighter than on an ibby, which I like a ton better honestly. Not saying anything is wrong with the ibbys but its just preferences.
what are u playing?

')