F**K Yeah - S7420 (*56k - dont bother!)

• Thread starter djpharoah
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well I started my gas for an S7420 about 2 weeks ago and thus resulted in me selling my RG7421 to JPMDan.

So I started searching the Orange County and LA area craigslist and found this one dude in LA selling one. Well apparently it was posted on here as well. The only reason he sold it to me and not zimbloth (sorry bro) is that he was moving and couldnt be bothered with shipping.

Anyways I drove to LA and back a nice 3 hrs (fucking traffic), and tried it out at the sellers place and was instantly in love.

The guitar was basically in mint condition. The only thing I will maybe do is oil the fretboard and polish its frets. But then I would have to setup the LoTRS bridge again. Anyone know of a link on how to setup this bridge? the guitar was in a really funky tuning like open D or something. I want to bring it back to B standard.

Anyways - onto the freaking pic! :metal:

Here is the SKB case - which is TSA approved!!!:metal:

Oh Hell YEAH! S7420 in case Pics

S7420 Bliss

My former (JPMDan's) RG7421 and my S7420 - Sibling rivalry

My baby!

Just love that the neck on my S7420 is almost identical to the RG7421 which are both Wizard 7 I necks. Btw sorry for the kinda crappy pics, they were taken with my cellphone as my roommate and his 8MP canon slr are on a vacation.

:hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I could care less. At one point I was all about having only 24 frets on my guitars but then I realized that I never play that high up anyways and that I couldnt shred for shit so why bother with 2 additional frets?

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I could care less. At one point I was all about having only 24 frets on my guitars but then I realized that I never play that high up anyways and that I couldnt shred for shit so why bother with 2 additional frets?

+1 and how often do you use those two frets in a manner that you couldn't still play using the next higher string. Keep in mind the only two notes you can't hit are 22 & 23 on the high E, and those are a bend away.

Anyways, beautiful guitar :yesway: I love mine.

Nats

Reaction score
nice score. i love my saber

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If anyone could point me to a tutorial/website on how to reinstall strings on a LoTRS that would rock.

I just ripped off the strings in order to oil the dry fretboard.

Ryan

Reaction score
Its just like a regular lo pro Floyd Rose equipped guitar... the trs isn't very different.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Its just like a regular lo pro Floyd Rose equipped guitar... the trs isn't very different.

Right - but this is my first tremelo based guitar. Any links?

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Btw - where can I get a whammy bar for the Lo-TRS. the guitar didnt come with one.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Damnit - $30 for a whammy bar?? shit I think i will hold off for a while.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/Ibanez-Trem-Tre...41QQihZ004QQcategoryZ7266QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Jesus, we really need to educate you... :D

Any "pop in" trem like that will do.
You don't specificely need a "low-trs" trem bar.

We need to educate you, the TRS doesnt use a pop in bar. ;p

DJ - head up to your guitar store and take the guitar with you. they should be able to let you try a few. It'll be the type with the thread around the outside of the whammy bar. its similar to a strat trem bar, but wider.

')