Faced with Difficult Decisions

• Thread starter ProgCorey
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ProgCorey

Reaction score
Okay guys, heres the thing, in the quite near future, i will be buying myself a new guitar, and it will be my first extended range guitar from a six string.

But i cannot decide on the guitar to get. At first i was set on getting a second hand RG1527 for 1k (In Australia, that is an ..alright price), until yesturday, i went into Billy Hydes and they had just got in two Schecter 8 strings. The one that took my fancy was the Damien Elite-8, because of the price difference from the Hellraiser. But the bolt-on neck basically restricts you from going anywhere past the 21st fret.:noplease:

Even though the bolt-on neck put me off of the guitar a little bit, i loved the feel of playing the 8-string neck, it seems a lot more comfortable then expected, and i am now looking into that sexy new RGA8.

So now i ask for your opinions SS, should i skip out on the seven string and go straight to eight? Or should i get a seven then buy an eight string soon after purchasing a seven?

Ideas, opinions and model suggestions are very welcome! :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
If you want an eight buy an eight, if you want a 7 buy a seven.

Theres no reason to buy a 7 if you plan on going 8.

Latest posts

')