Failure of Milk (new orchestral mathcore project--Looking for Musicians!)

• Thread starter Underture
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Underture

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just started a new recording project. It's (tentatively) titled "Failure of Milk". It's an orchestral mathcore/metalcore project that takes influence from bands such as Threat Signal, Sikth, Apocalyptica, etc. Anyway, you can hear new track (called "Nautilus") here:
Failure of Milk (Now Seeking Vocalists) on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Slightly higher-quality mix here:
SoundClick artist: Nik Petsev (solo material) - page with MP3 music downloads

Please note that I am also looking for musicians to collaborate with for this project (vocalists and bass guitar, primarily) so if you're interested, please give me a call at:
nikpetsev@hotmail.com

Anyway, looking for some feedback on the music/mix/etc. Any feedback is welcome as long as it's constructive. (Yeah, I realize the kick is a bit excessively loud, I'll fix that).

--Nik

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zand3

ss.org Irregular
Reaction score
That would sound awesome with some clean + screaming vocals. I like the direction.

feeleuphoria

Reaction score
Wow! great song, love everything. Playing is amazing and mix is tight as hell! :hbang:

Slampop

Artist/Producer: IDOLER
Reaction score
dude, lovin it man! good luck getting a vocalist, i definitely could dig some real hardcore screaming over this...but with some actual notes and voice behind the screams if that makes sense! hahaha! :yesway:

Despised_0515

Bassist of Redivider
Contributor
Reaction score
Sooooo sick.
Loving the jams.
Really hope you find the right vocalist and an insane bassist to keep up with you.

:hbang:

IconW

Reaction score
Sounds great. I would say that it got some new vibes on the whole genre, if you will. It's infested with melodies! :lol: without any necessary bröötalz...and that's great thing in it's own genre!
It's "mathematic" and very compelling...oh. Great! Me likes!

Thanks! A bassist just joined the project, now all we need is a vocalist! :metal:

Good to hear! :yesway:
Now get that vocalist!

Fzau

Unleash the proggies
Reaction score
Damn, that's badass! :hbang:
I like it a LOT!
I'm screaming myself, not bad but I do need to work on my higher pitched screams. My cleans aren't that good though, so I don't think I'm the guy you're looking for :(

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
wow, awesome.

kick drum sounds a bit flubby to me but my speakers are awful so they're not to be trusted!

polloymedio

yamyamyam
Reaction score
sounds great! the only thing id say is try to hit the strings harder so the punch on the rythm sections feels punchier.. but thats just me :D

Colbear

Reaction score
Saw this on five eight, love the way it progresses. Definitely looking forward to more stuff!

Underture

Reaction score
Thanks the for the feedback guys, really appreciate it!

@ Fzau: I am also fine with working with vocalists who can only do one style or the other, so don't hesitate to send samples, although be warned that I am being somewhat picky from a stylistic standpoint. Check out the blog post on the myspace for more info.

@ polloymedio: I actually have a really heavy pick-attack, I just did a really poor job EQing the guitars. I'll post a new mix eventually, probably once we get some new bass going for this song.

')